13

It was only a short kiss, when we pulled away he stared into my eyes. The silence was unbearable, choking me. "Look, Rosa..." He begins. "It was a mistake, I know," I say interrupting him. "Well I was going to ask you out again, but if it was just a mistake then I'm sorry it even happened." He says. I sigh, "Look Tyler, I had a great time but I'm only here for a month or so, there is just no point, we might as well just stay friends." His eyes turn sad and he looks down to the car floor. "Sure, I get it" I smile sweetly, "Thanks for a great day," I say getting out of the car.

When I entered the house I said a quick hello to Sue who was feeding Maya and then raced to my room to freshen up. As I was reapplying my makeup a big knock at my bedroom door surprised me. Without even allowing the person to enter, the door opens anyway. I turn around on my vanity stool to see who it was, Lucas.

"You didn't kiss him, did you?" He says making himself at home by sitting on my bed.

"Excuse me?" "Tyler, please tell me you didn't kiss him," He says staring at me. I was confused. "Why does it matter what I did and how did you even know we were together?" He slightly laughs. "Because Rosa, he is a dickhead player, and he texted me." Why the hell had Lucas come to tell me what Tyler is really like, they are meant to be best friends. "Why are you telling me this?" I ask. His face turns serious once more. "I've known him for a while now, all he focuses on his reputation, going after one girl to another. I can see he is using your time limit to his advantage knowing you will get into his pants and then when you have to leave, he can score a new girl."

"Well if you must know, yes we did kiss, but you can be at ease, I'm not looking for a relationship." and with that, I turn back towards my mirror and carry on doing my lipstick. "I like that shade on you" I hear him say before he slowly shuts the door behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rosa, Lola is here for you" My dad calls from downstairs. Today I didn't go for a run it was way too hot for one. Lola and I had planned to go to the pier together. I say goodbye to my dad and Sue, who had planned to go on a walk with Maya and Mike and then left hopping into Lola's car that was parked outside. As soon as I step in she drives off.

"Okay, what the hell happened between Lucas and Brooke this weekend!" She squeaks. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "For the past few days she's been in a massive grump, just after she visited him on Saturday, he must have done something." I think to myself, "She did come round actually, and it didn't sound good, but I don't know what happened." I say truthfully.

"Well I've invited her today so we can ask her all about it, he better not hurt her again." She huffs pulling into the beach car park.  "Again?" But she ignores the question and gets out of the car. 

We got our bags and began walking down to the beach. Lola spots Brooke and runs down to her, her flip flops getting covered in sand. When I reach them they were already deep in gossip. I put down my towel next to them. "So basically, you know Elly from Elmtree?" Brooke says dramatically. "Oh yeah the slutty one, what about her?" Lola says intrigued by the beef.                     "She texted on Saturday saying at lunchtime Lucas was with another girl at the diner she's working at this summer!" Lola's mouth dropped at the same time my heart rate increased. That was me, I was the girl. Do I tell them, I mean we are only step-siblings so what's wrong with us going out for lunch.  But I stay silent waiting to hear if anything else happened. "So I went to his house to bait him out, and he simply tells me it was some girl he was training at the gym for some extra money!" She shouts.  "OMG bullshit much, he doesn't need more money and besides who trains someone by taking them to the most unhealthy place in town!" My mouth was sealed shut, my heart still beating hard. Why hadn't he told her that it was simply his step-sister?

"Rosa, what do you think? Am I overthinking this?" Brooke asks getting me out of my trance. "Well he did tell me he was going to the gym on Saturday but other than that I can't help I don't really know him enough to judge him." Brooke nods. Phew, I think I covered up okay.

--------------------------
Heyy
Is anyone actually reading this? Please comment if you are and if you're enjoying it  <3

-Mia