28

Lucas didn't come back the next day. Or the next. I expect to see him  though at the sleepover thing tonight. I think he's left this house for good. I don't blame him.

Lola didn't really tell much detail about what was happening tonight. I think we are just going to have some drinks then I'll stay around Brooke's for the night. I get changed after my run and shower into a bright, yellow inspired. Then do my makeup in a nice natural look today as well as my hair.

Sue offers to drop me off at Brooke's as I'm new to that area and it was scorching hot so I didn't want to be carrying around a full backpack for miles. When I arrive Lola answers the door, a vodka lemonade in her hands by the looks of it. She lets me in. Brooke's house was definitely Brooke's house. Everything looked antique and expensive. In fact I'm pretty sure the first vase alone is worth more than my flat. The furniture was grand and everything matched beautifully with the house. She led me into the main living room. 2 blue corner sofas were to the wall of the room and on the other side was a plasma tv. Brooke was sitting on the sofa in Lucas' lap whilst they were watching dancing with the stars ( a rip off of strictly of you ask me)  

Watching them together made me tense, it bothered me. But I didn't show it on my face, at least I hope not.  I followed Lola into the kitchen. The counters were black and shiny. There was an island in the centre with a range of drinks on. She pours me a rum and coke. Guess I didn't have a choice about what I wanted. She hands me the drink and sits on a barstool. I join next to her sipping on my slightly too strong drink.

"They're acting so loving it makes me sick," she says rolling her eyes. "One minute they hate each other, the next they won't get their hands off each other. It's ridiculous"  she sighs. The doorbell rings so Lola goes to open it. I stay seated at the island sipping at my drink. Footsteps come towards me patting on the tiled floor. Two hands cover my eyes "guess who"  "Tyler stop it" I laugh. He takes them off and ruffles my hair up. "Noooo" I scream laugh. "Let me guess that took you years to do," he says smirking. "Maybe," I say. I turn around on the stool and reach up to mess up his hair. But then I realise Lucas had entered the room and had seen it all. His face was dull.

"Don't mind me, just getting a top-up" He practically spits. Grabbing the vodka and taking a shot straight up.
"Jeeze man" Tyler laughs.  But Lucas ignores him and heads back to the living room.

Me and Tyler shortly follow and we all sit on the sofa continuing to watch the tv. An hour in I gets a phone call from my mum. I head to the kitchen to take it privately.

"Hey honey I just got your GCSE results. Do you want me to open them now to you?" I take a deep breath. Here it goes. "Yep, fire away" I hear her open the envelope. I get a strange feeling on my stomach and I suddenly need to throw up my drink.

After hearing my results and ending the phone call with my mum my eyes stream with tears. I run upstairs and try and find the bathroom. I get inside and shut the door behind me. I cry and cry and cry. I feel all my makeup streaming down with the tears.

I stay sitting on the floor for what feels like ages. I look a mess and can't face going back downstairs with the others. Suddenly a knock on the bathroom door scares me. The door slowly opens I turn round to see Lucas.

"Shit Rosa are you okay?" I burst into more tears. He joins me on the floor. Without thinking I rest my head on his lap. He doesn't care. He strokes my hair and places his lips to kiss me on my forehead. "Ssshh I'm here now"