33

"I bought it for Rosa, to say I promise I'll still love her even if we are miles away. But Brooke found it so I said it was for her." He says. His head down. "Do you know how much she loves you, Lucas! You've hurt her so much. Fuck you. Wait till she finds out!" Lola says.

"Find out what?" Brooke had entered. I expected Lucas to let go but he holds my hand tighter.  "What was the smash we heard?" She asks. Then her eyes drift to us. Her stare sends shivers down my spine, how can I feel so flustered yet stone cold at the same time?

"What's going on!?" She asks aggressively. No one speaks. "Tell me!" She now screams. Lola answers for us. "These backstabbing dicks went behind your back. Well, all of our backs! Incest much." She spits. I roll my eyes.

You can tell Brooke starts to shake, tears spring from her eyes but she wipes them off, acting like no one saw.

"I tried to help you, I truly did" she mutters. "But you're unfixable, like your scum of a dad. I can't wait till the day you die!" She's now screaming and doesn't care about the waterfall cascading down her cheeks. Lola tries to help her by taking her back upstairs.

My clammy hands let go of his hand. "That couldn't have gone any worse" he states. "I have to go, sorry" I rush up the stairs, the feeling of sick rising upwards. This shouldn't have happened. Why did this have to fucking happen?

I kick off my heels and run home, the mascara running down my face. I manage to dodge the family and slam my door shut. I cry and cry and cry. I've broken the heart of a girl I was meant to be friends with, I've lost Lola, the closest person I've had. Soon Tyler will hear and I will have lost everyone. Why can't I escape now? I can't stay here any longer.

Nothing happens. No texts, no visits, no invites. Even Lucas hasn't turned up home. It's their first day back today. I'm still in my room, only making an appearance for my daily run and food. Dad and Sue can tell something's up, and she's worrying where Lucas is. Little does she know her son has a whole different house he uses to avoid her.

Wednesday. 3:30. 4 days until I'm back home. "Rosa! You have a visitor" Sue shouts. Who wants to visit me? I walk downstairs to discover Tyler standing there. "Let's walk and talk," he says. So I shut the door and away we go.

"I know what has been happening. I won't give my opinion. I'm here for something else." He says. "What?" I ask, curious. "Lucas is in a rough place, he hasn't stopped drinking and smoking weed. He's getting very ill. I'm worried" I sigh. "I think he needs you, Rosa, no matter if you don't want it to go on. You need to tell him that and you need to help him recover. He could die if he continues this way. I know you won't want that" he says.

"I can't"