22

When I wake up I'm back in my bed. Maybe last night was a dream after all. But when I turn to my bedside table a sticky note is attached to my alarm clock

Thanks for last night x

Nothing happened between us last night, nothing ever will. But at least we got our emotions set right. I've always been attracted to my stepbrother, I denied it the whole time. Because I hated him, his habits disgusted me, yet I was drawn to him.

Today it was meant to be very hot, so I decided to just go shopping in all the air-conned shops. After making myself a smoothie for breakfast I grab my bag and set up to leave. "Let me drive you," a voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Lucas on the stairs. He was still in his pyjama bottoms and was wearing no top. I laugh "you're not even dressed" He looks down to himself, realising. "It's fine, I'll drive you and then I'll get changed at the apartment nearby." He says smiling. I nod my head, purely because I didn't want to argue.

He opens the door of his car for me to hop in. I mutter thanks. He does as he says and drops me off outside the shopping centre. He reaches out for his wallet from the draw in his car. He hands me a 50 dollar bill. "Get yourself something nice." He says.

"Oh no Lucas I can't accept that," I say offering it back. He laughs "take it" He replies. "Nooo" I say, laughing now. "Rosa, you are going to take this and you are going to spend it, okay. He says grinning putting the money in my bag. "Fineeee" I huff. I step out of his car. I glace over to him behind my shoulder. He looks so happy.

I shop, taking a quick lunch stop at McDonald's and Starbucks.  I buy 3 more pair of denim shorts, 2 fabric shorts, some tanks, 5 t-shirts and a few dresses and playsuits. Of course, I couldn't leave without a bag so I buy a mini backpack from PacSun, a shop England really do need.

I walk home, bags in my arms. When I arrive I hear giggling. I turn my head around into the living room. Brooke is there cuddled up on the sofa in Lucas' arms. He's feeding her popcorn as they watch a film. 

Shit, Brooke spots me staring "Omg! Heyyy gurl" she screams over dramatically in her annoying American accent. "Oh Umm Hi Brooke, I was just looking for my dad don't mind me, "I mumble stepping back. I could tell Lucas was staring at me, I could feel his gaze. Never the less I grab my bags again and walk upstairs to my room.