Chapter 15 - Things are never easy

Andrew 

 I looked at my Misteress. Her words was like a echo inside me. Like a knife was they stabing my mind. 

"Mistress." I could barely speak. My troat felt thick and tears was burning in my eyes. "No..." 

She looked down in her lap before she looked up with red eyes on me. It meant she was full with emoation too. 

"Please..." I did not know what I was begging for. Maybe she knew more than I did? The thought to be free from the this life was scaring the crap out of me, but in the same time - deep inside me - was it an excited thing. 

"Andrew... It will not happen today nor tomorrow. But you have to start thinking. It is not that I wish to free you, but if I will take over so is there no life for you here. You will be alone. Humans need other humans. You are pack animals. Sorry Andrew, but I might come to a point where I will be forced to send you away for forever." My mistress explained and ened with a deep sigh. 

"No..." I whisper in respond. "No..." 

The last evenings event was still bruning fresh inside my mind. My Mistress tried to make things better after the bad news. Yes I looked as bad news. Without this life...who would I be? What would I do? What could I really do? I never finish school... The only thing I am good at is to obey some orders. Who would want someone like that? I sat on my bed as Mistress was away on another meeting. I suddenly felt very alone... I hadn't felt that since... since I was at her brother's place. With a sigh deep did I laid down. The ceiling felt by a second very interesting. What would happen with me now? Would be happened to her now? Who would be at her side to make sure she actually took care of herself? I guess there is staff for that. It not like a Queen is living by herself. 

There was a knock on the door and a man stepped inside. From the way he moved so could I tell he was a vampire. I sat up on my bed and looked at him. It was the same man that had been seen me watching the painting of her on our first evening her. He smiled at him and greeted. 

"Isn't your Mistress here?" 

"No. It is just me. Why are you asking?" It sounded rude, but I wasn't in mood to be polite. 

"I wished to talk to her. Do you know when she is back?" 

"No." 

"I see." He turned around and was about to leave when he walked further in to the room. "You are her human right?" 

I nodded. Was this vampire stuid or something? The vampire walked up to the armchairs that was in the room and sat down on one of them. 

"Come, let's have a chat." 

My eyebrown rose but rose up and walked to the other chair to sit down. He did watch me closely with brown eyes as I sat down. 

"I have know Corine for a very long time and it is not many people that manged to come under her skin. You are one of the few..." He began. "But oh, let me introduce myself. My name is Carl." 

"I am Andrew," 

"Nice to meet you Andrew." He smiled wide. "So do you like living with Corine?" 

We sat there for some time. Having a light talk about nothing important. I took the time to really watch him. He had short black hair that was ending over his ears. Dressed in a sharp suit made him look very importent. More I talked with him, more did I realise how much alike my Mistress he was. They liked the same things and thought almost the same about things too. Soon did he asked something not even I know how to answer.