Chapter 14 - A choice

Corine P.O.V

The next two days was filled with work and endless meetings. There was new rules that had come up and how some of the was going to fit in would be hard. I was in meeting after meeting and that was not really how I thought it would be. I wished I could show Andrew around a bit more but this business took up more time than I wished. However you could not say no to the Eldest. These was the people that ruled. Mess with them was like to mess with the weather. You could try, but you never know when it would hit you back. It was in these times I was glad that my maker had made my life a bit harsh in the beginning. It made me I not fear the situation and handle it good. The Eldest was proud of me and the two days that have went pass have many of them told the same thing. 

”You would make a wonderful ruler…”

That thought didn’t sound to pleasant and I must say I had never thought about it before. We all was not sitting in the dinner room. It was the best meeting room we had for now. The other room was a bit smaller and the tables wasn’t as long as this one. I was sitting on the edge since I was the owner for the place. My maker gave it to me a long time ago, and now I had just borrow it out to the Eldest. We was talking about nothing really important right now. There was some laughing and joking. After all it would soon be lunchtime soon. Suddenly I felt the air changed around me. Something was going on.

One of the Eldest cleared his throat and stood up. I watched him. He was a tall, red haired man with a black nice suit. His name was Vlad Dragon. Once a famous wizard, but now was he just… well I actually didn’t know what he did. Vlad looked at me and our eyes met.

“Miss Corine,” He began slowly, almost dragging the words out. “As you might now so are we soon in a war.”

I looked at him with wide eyes.

“What!?”

“Yes. War…”

“No, hold up… when was you all going to tell me this?” I felt confused. I had no idea.How could they have not say anything? “Explain yourself right now!”

“I see.” Vlad nodded and was still standing. “We assumed that you knew about this. Your maker, that unforutnally couldn’t be with us should have infrom you about all the ditales.”

“No, he have not been in contact with me at all. Yes he is still alive, but not near. But don’t avoid the question. What war? What are we fighting for?”

“May I sit back down?” I gave him a nod as a yes and he continue when he sat down. “There are some, a lot vampires that wish us to come out in the open. Like they had done in USA. Things there didn’t go so good, but they are  on their way here to make the same mistake here. We wish to keep this down. After all, the humans can’t stand that there is a predator over them. So while – we – “ Vlad let his arm go around the Eldest. “Are out and protecting us, do we need someone that can make sure that things are still working. I, together with the Eldest wish to make you Queen until things are stable again.”

I blinked a few times. Had I really heard right? No there must have been some mistake… I couldn’t be Queen. I was not from that kind of blood.

“We understand you might need a few days to think about it, but it either you or your bother.”

“No… not Jim…” I let out a small sigh. “It will not be pretty.”

“Yes we know Miss Corine, but you two are the only with Royal blood.”

That made me even more surprised. Suddenly did I got a feeling that I needed to take a look in the books. It seemed like my Maker was hiding things even more now. First not contacting me, and now this? What was going on really?

“Well…” I said after some time. “When do you need an answer?”

“Not today, but if we could get it tomorrow evening?”

I nodded. “Yes, please excuse me… but I have to leave now.” I rose up from my chair and without anyother word did I walk away.

This was huge and I needed to think. To get intp my mind what would happened if I said yes. Well there wasn’t much more room than to say no. My brother wouldn’t be a good ruler and in the end so would he hurt us all… I couldn’t let that happened. I sigh deep and laid down on my bed. This was just too much at the same time. I was not built to rule, yes I know how you did it and actually I had done it before a short time. But back then so was it just a household, not the whole land.

A soft knocking was to be heard on the door and I already knew who it was.

“Come in!”

My sweet pet stepped inside. He looked with worried eyes on me.

“Mistress… Are you okay?”

I looked at him and patted at the spot beside me. He came up to the bed and laid down on his back too. Together was we looking up at the ceiling.

“I am okay, darling… I just got so much to think on right now.”

Andrew turned around so he was facing me instead. He got a cute smile on his lips when he said;

“Maybe I can help?”

The question made me chuckle.

“I wish it was so simple, but unfortunally it isn’t.”

“Tell me about it then, Mistress?”

I sat up better and brought my human closer to me. “The Eldest want me to take over.”

Andrew that was now sitting with my arm around me did turn his brown haired head up and looked at me with confuse.

“So?”

“So?! They wan’t me to rule the whole land… the whole vampire nation.”

He paled a bit. “Oh… that was a bit bigger.”

“Haha, yes. So I don’t know what to do.”

He nodded and then was quiet for some time. “What will happen if you say no?”

“Jim will take the place.”

“You can not let that happen! I know he is your brother but he is a terrible man, mistress…” Andrew had moved away and was sitting far away on the bed.

“I know, pet. I know… but it is a huge task and I am not sure if I can handle it.”

He titled his head.

“Why not?”

“I don’t know. It is just very much reponsiblity and pressure. It means I have to move back here, rule things and there will be so much meetings that I wont have time for you. Beside that… remember when I said I did have to go here when you had to say with my brother?”

“Maybe…”

“That I will get a lot of enemies… Well I have got an army of them now and specially if I say yes. There is a war coming up.”

Andrew’s eyes went wide and he crawled closer. “A war? Not a real one right?”

“What is there fake wars anywhere? No… of course a real one.” I sigh deep. “If I say yes, so will you be my weak point and as a ruler do I have to be strong.”

He sat down so very close again and almost crawled up in my lap.

“Mistress?” Andrew stopped me. “I don’t like where this is going…” The last scents was in a whisper, but still clear for me to hear. His voice sounded so sad, almost heartbroken already. Andrew rested his head against my shoulder. 

“I might have to give you up… Free you…” 

_________________

Not the longest chapter... but I hope you did enjoy it anyway ^^ 

Thanks for reading this far!