Chapter 5 - My first week

Andrew P.O.V

The first thing I was learned in my new home was that my mistress was living by herself and worked a lot to forget the fact that she felt lonely. She got mad at me if she found out that I hadn't eaten properly as I should during that time she was gone. I had been afraid the first times she raised her voice at me, but if she asked about it, I would never admit it. But she took care of me, my injuries and she didn't punished me if I did wrong. She only said: It's your first week here, you learn. I felt so grateful for that. Glad that I got properly with food, a warm place to sleep and got a shower every day if I wanted. She reminded me of the time when I was little. All the memories that had long since faded away was slowly coming back. Her warm smile made me feel spited. I had several years always, always felt scared and meaningless. But now suddenly I didn't have to fill like that. All the fears that constantly had hung over me like a shadow was no longer needed to be there. I didn't know what to feel anymore. My mistress was kind to me yes, but I knew it could only be a front for what could happen in the future. She had only a few rules. The first was that I would show her respect, the second was that I would follow her wishes, and the third was not asked too much. But it was this very last reason I became more and more curious about what she was actually involved in during the day when she was gone. Most nights I was woken up, I had to go to the bathroom, I found that I was alone in the house. I didn't know if I dared to ask her about it yet. Maybe if I did would her beautiful facade crumble and I had to stand for the consequences? In pain and in horror. I didn't know. But whatever she was doing or not doing I felt grateful that I was here instead of on the market.

Today, like the first five days I woke up in an empty house. I woke up early in the morning, for I had always done. It was as if I had a standard bell within me rang when it was time to wake up. I stretch at myself and got up off the mat. Yes, I sleep on the floor. The mistress didn't say anything else and I didn't like to take chances. I had some experience from the past, to sleep in the bed could get bad for you, even if it is one in the room. I had my own room. It was not huge or something. It looked more like a walking-closet without the closet. The walls were a light yellow shade, it had room for a bed, wardrobe and sidetable with a lamp standing on. The room was rectangular and the one long side was a window. I didn't need more than that. For what was I what more things did I need?What did I have for things that I own by myself? Nothing. Not even my own clothes I was wearing. There were some times when I even doubted if I even took my own soul. Maybe or maybe not... I was nothing more than a creature of another's will. I went into the bathroom and washed the face before I went down to the kitchen. She had always done a plate of breakfast for me that was ready to just eat. No one had previously master or mistress had serviced me with something. Never. Then she left the note on the counter that said when she would be home, what I would do in the meantime and it always ended with a "C". I guessed that she was called Caroline or something. She hadn't said anything and I hadn't asked. Today's note was little differed from the others who had been. I read the note carefully, so that I really hadn't read wrong. A smile took shape on my lips. My mistress was really wanted me to like it here... My only job today was to go into town and fix myself clothes. The address was written with a phone number.

-I've already called them, so you get to be expected when you arrive. Regards C.-

With cheerful steps, I went into the living room and called the number that was on the paper. A young man answered the phone. I didn't explain much until he asked if I was Andrew.

"Yes, I am. My... "

He interrupted me again and asked me to be ready in ten minutes. Surprised, I hung on. Maybe she had more people like myself, even though they don't live here or so? I had no shoes or jacket. Actually I didn't like over to going out in only in those clothes. But what choice did I have? I was afraid that miss would be angry if I borrowed things without permission. A car honked outside. It must be the person I would go to them. The butterflies flying around in my stomach and the thought of me for the first time in a long time would have to try to be a normal boy just made me so happy. I didn't care so much about the fact that miss already might had chosen clothes for me, or that there were people who knew who I was. I was just happy that I was able to go out and feel a different kind of freedom. It felt wonderful. So with quick steps, I went out to the car and jumped into the back seat. The man who sat in front glanced at me from the mirror. His face was blank and expressionless, but his eyes seemed friendly.