Chapter 12 - Like a date?

Corine P.O.V

It took three days before Andrew could leave the hospital. I wanted him to be safe and healthy wished ended with me sleeping over there with him. We both didn't get much sleep and it felt good to be home again. I was standing in the kitchen making some toasts for us both. Andrew was sitting in the sofa and didn't say much at all. He hd been mostly quiet all the time and I could understand him. He had been trought too much already. The guilt washed over me like a waterfall. How could I left him ther? I didn't knew... I promise I will make up to you.

I took the done toasts and walked inside the livingroom, put the plate in front him and smiled. The other plate did I place on the table and swished away to get something to drink. Some normal cola would do just fine tonight. I turned on the tv and sat down beside Andrew.

"You may eat." I told him as I have notice he wouldn't move his food until I said it was fine.

He took the sandwich in his hand and began to eat with small bites. At least he was eating something. I put the glass of cola in front him. "And drink."

Andrew nodded. His brown hair was long and a mess by now. Still I liked him. He was kind, cute and a good human. There was no way I would cuse him more harm like that again. No the guilt would be too much more me if my so called brother would hurt my sweet pet again.

We finish the dinner and a good movie started on the TV. I sat relaxed and watched it. From the corner of my eyes did I notice that Andrew was careful moving closer. Mini steps. He bit his lowed lip nervous and I open my arm closet to him.

"Come here darling..." I said and let my arm go around him.

Andrew laid down in the sofa with his head resting in my lap. He looked up at me with his green eyes.

"Something wrong?" I titled my head to the left.

"No mistress... I am just glad to be back home." He answer and looked at the TV.

My hand did soon find his hair and I began to play with it. Light and careful. Andrew relaxed sightly as I did so and it made me a little glad. He had been so tease.... Well he have all reson to be, but still I want him to be better. To be glad. I felt his hand resting on my tight and there was a deep sigh coming from him. My sweet pet... sleep well this night. I thought and continue patting his hair. It felt soft and fluffy. The movement and the warmth that came from him did also make me calm. I took the blanket that was over the softa back and put it over his body. The last thing I wanted was to get him catch a cold. I bend down and gave him a light kiss on his cheek and leaned back so I would sit better.

It was still middle of the night. Andrew was mumbling, made small whimpering sounds. I patted his hair.

"It is just a nightmare..." I told him and looked down on his painful face. My poor pet. What ever he dreamed about so was it getting worse. He was becoming all warm and sweaty like a fever. Andrew open his eyes with a jolt and sat up stright. He looked confused, lost.

"It is okay darling." I said and touch his shoulder light. With fear did he turn around. A moment after did he relax and moved to sit closer. His face was resting on my shoulder and I felt warm tears rolling down from his eyes.

"I thought you left me again..." He whisper as I pat his back.

"No... I am here."

Andrew cried that night too. He was worried, depressed and I was scared he would be dehydrated after so many tears. During the day did I made sure he drank enough water to keep him healthy.

Saturday, almost a two weeks since I brought Andrew back home. He didn't talk much but he had become a bit better. My sweet pet had started to sleep better during the nights and was sleeping in his own room. At first was he actually to scared to sleep alone. It had took him three nights before he finally had come into my bedroom and asked if he could sleep there. I had seen on him that he was tried, but then again I didn't want to froce him to do anything he didn't wanted. After that night did he sleep better and the nightmares was still there, but not as strong.

Today was the sun shining and I decide to take Andrew out. We was sitting by the kitchen table and eating breakfast.

"How about a picnic today? I have the day off... would you like that?"

Andrew looked up to show that he was listing on me and seemed to think about it for some time. It was early spring time and the sun would be warm today.

"Can we bring sandwiches?" He asked and titled his head.

"Yes of course and some cake too?"

"Yes..."

"Yes?"

"Yes I would like to go on a picnic with you mistress." Andrew smiled small that disappere the moment after.

"Good. We can go by the store on our way and then go to some nice place. I know a place that I might think you would like."

"Where?"

"An hour away from here."

We did finish the breakfast, got dressed properly and made everything ready for the picnic. Some fresh air would be good for my human, I thought and looked at him. He had change so much since he came here, but still he is the same cute boy I found in the snow. My world is no place for someone like you, but now you are stuck and I will protect you from now on. I promise.

After got everything from the store did I drive us to the place. We had brought sandwiches, soda, cookies and some card games that we could play. I was sure that this would be good. Andrew sat in the passenger seat and looked out on the passing landscape. The radio played some music from the old time and I was humming along. Andrew smiled at the next song come along.

"I know this one..." He said glad.

I turned up the music so he could hear better. There we sat singing along with the music as we soon reached the goal for today. Together did we pack the things we would need and began to short walk to the place. I was leading the way. The forest around us had just starting to become green. Tiny white flowers was like a mattress on the wooden floor and they smeeled sweet. The birds was singing on the trees.

"I can hear water." Andrew said behind me.

I smiled and walked a little more before I stopped. There was a small river going through the woods and right here was there a waterfall. It was not high, but it was enough to make a wonderful sound. Andrew walked up beside me.

"It is beautiful." He said and smiled.

I nodded. "We can put the blankets over there, so the sun will shine on us most of the day."

"Sounds good."

The sun was warm and nice. We had eaten some and had played cards. The sound form the waterfall and the birds was calming and I could see a peaceful face on my sweet boy. He was smiling up at me and chuckle light. It had been a long time since I heard him laughing.

"What is so funny?"

"Mistress... is this like a date?" Andrew chuckle again as I looked surprised. I hadn't thought it like that.

"I just want to make up to you in some way..." I answer him honest.

"I think you did good, misstress. I love this place."

"Yes it is peaceful."

"Mm... Very." He laid down and rested his head in my lap. His hand caress my cheek careful. "Thank you for everything."

I took his hand in mine and took away some hair from his face. "Anytime, my sweet pet... Anytime."

That made him chuckle more.

"Why do you still call me pet?"

"Because your hair reminds me of a dog I once had, does it bother you?"

"No... I am just curious." He sigh light and looked up at me with his green eyes. "I never want this moment to end..."

_______________________________

This is my birthday gift to myself and to those who read it :)

Yes it is a short chapter, but I wanted to write something nice and sweet. I might had some more, but not today. Today shall I celebrate! :D

Have a good day!

Thanks for reading <3