Chapter Ten: "I Love Her"

• Dedicated to To All My Readers :)

Roman's P.O.V

Once again I find myself pacing back and forth in front of the large weeping tree a few hundred metres from the boarder of The Silver Eyes Pack. I've been here for the last three days, lounging around under its crying branches, never once venturing closer to the boarder in case one of the patrols catch my scent, though with the amount of Rogues I've managed to get on my side I'm pretty sure I would go unnoticed for a while.

Three days in my wolf form feels like eternity and is really dangerous. If I'm not careful I could lose sense of my Human side and not be able to transform back. Or that's what my Guard Louis says who lounges against the trunk of the tree in a pair of loose fitting jeans. He was kind enough to bring a pair for my too but I haven't found the urge to turn Human yet.

Quinn joined us yesterday, slinking through the trees his dark brown fur allowing him to camouflage into the dark undergrowth, grey-brown eyes peered out of the dark mass at me in silent greeting. Then he had moved over to the tree and sat down.

He too turned Human after a couple of hours, putting some jeans on that he had carried with him. He had told me that my father was wandering when I was planning on coming home. My answer once I turned Human and slid the spare jeans on was not until I have her, to which in response Quinn had rolled his eyes.

After that we had spent the rest of the afternoon talking about the Rogues I managed to persuade to help me, who were testing the defences of The Silver Eyes, after a few of them got in the Guards had doubled in numbers and patrolled more areas. Which wasn't surprising but still frustrating. 

Once the moon came out the Rogues returned to the tree and had promptly slumped to the ground and fallen asleep, not caring in the slightest that they were close to the boarder of a pack. Quinn who decided he was going to hang out with me for a while slept with one eye open not comfortable with the situation at all, he even moved closer to the tree trunk were Louis was still lounging against. Louis who had been with me since I came out three days ago just looked around and assessed the situation before shrugging his massive shoulders and falling asleep.

I on the other hand spent most of the night awake, lying on the grass under the crying branches, staring passed them at the start sky while my mind repeatedly went over the conversation I had had with my father about finally making Amethyst truly mine.

                        * * *

It's been two days since my last talk with my father, the one where he had confessed that there is a way from me to make Amethyst mine but at the time he hasn't wanted to talk about it. So I gave him space knowing that he would call me when he was ready to talk. Which is what he did an hour ago and why I'm now standing once again in his office, the wall that I had punched still holds the cracks and indent.

Alpha Mitchell looks up at me from his glass of Whisky. "I suppose I can tell you now." He sounds tired; he empties his glass then refills it. His dark brown hair is longer than he usually wears it; dark brown eyes stare at me unwaveringly.

"Tell me about how I can make Amethyst mine." I sit in the chair in front of his desk, folding my hands in my lap as I lean forward eagerly.

He lets out a quiet sigh. "Our pack have no Mates, we are all Mateless. It's a curse really, put upon our Pack many years ago."

"So you took someone as your mate?" I ask as I think it over slowly. The fact that we have no female wolves in our pack never really made me wonder until now.

Alpha Mitchell nods. "She was a Mateless also, left her Pack. I loved her. Cherished her even. She gave birth to you and died a few months later. I never found out why. Same thing happened to Pierce's mate."