Chapter Twelve: "An Elder?"

The walk through the Housing area toward the Alpha's house is quiet, awkwardly quiet. But I just shake my head as I continue to follow along behind Derek, he doesn't do anything except glance back at me every now and then, probably checking too make sure that I'm still following.

"That's it." I break the silence drawing Derek's attention to me once again. 

We both stop walking.

He doesn't say anything but he doesn't have too, I can see the question in his eyes.

"I can't take the silence anymore." I mutter as I walk past him. I don't bother to look behind me because I know he's silently following along behind me now. 

"Sorry, I just wasn't sure what to talk about." He says as he catches up to me, walking beside me.

"Anything. The silence is awkward." I look up at him.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Sorry."

"Stop apologising will you." I laugh. "Do you know why your father wants to see me?" I ask after a brief pause.

Derek continues to stare forward but I still see his blue eyes’ darkening as his wolf shows his presence before they return to their usual colour. "No, I don't." Is his reply.

By now we have arrived at the grass area outside of the Alpha's House, Derek's friends are playing football again, the girls hiding under the trees cheering wildly.

Just having a good old time.

"Are you coming in too or are you going to play footy?" I ask as I watch the boys passing the ball around before kicking for goal and then cheering loudly.

Derek doesn't say anything as he watches his mates play none of them taking any notice of us standing on the side. "Later maybe." He mumbles.

My brows furrow together as I glance up at him. But I push it to the side as he continues forward toward his house and up the porch steps. I jog across the grass area and up the steps before holting in the doorway.

What do you reckon he wants? My wolf asks as she paces uneasily.

I shuffle from foot to foot. I don’t know maybe more information about The Blood Eyes or maybe he wants to know why I haven’t mated with Derek yet.

My wolf pauses briefly in her pacing to face forwards. Maybe. She goes back to pacing.

"Amethyst you coming?" Derek calls from in front of his father's office.

We could leave, just turn and walk away. I say as I look over my shoulder.

Don’t think the Alpha would be too happy with that. My wolf says as she shakes her large head.

Yeah probably. I think absently as I meet Derek's questioning gaze.

Just go. That way we’ll find out what he wants. She shrugs her massive shoulders. How bad could it be?

I don't reply as I move forward toward Derek. Stopping in front of him I give him a small smile.

He doesn't say anything as he turns and disappears into the office, voices on the other side of the door has me grinning from ear to ear and pushing the door open, all nerves forgotten as I lock eyes with Nate.

"Nate!" I yell as I run over to him and throw my arms around him.

He laughs as he hugs me back. "Amethyst, it’s so good to see you again."