Chapter Four: School's Out

Sitting in a room full of younger Were's is strange enough, but listening to the teacher talking about full moons and other topics that causes a wolf to stir is even stranger. But the one thing that has me wishing I could stand up and bite everyone's heads off is the fact that they all keep sneaking glances at me as though I can't see them. Even the teacher - Beth keeps looking in my direction maybe waiting for me to react to something she's saying.

Honestly I don't give two hoots about school, I've been through enough full moons on my own - besides having the other 'special girls' and Roman - I pretty much know exactly what happens. You get horny, and apparently if you’re with your mate it’s ten times worse.

So I have to remember to stay away from Derek this coming full moon lest I want something I'm not ready for just yet to happen... Though I get the feeling that if Nate was still here I might try to jump him too.

Shaking my head I push those thoughts out of my mind and concentrate back on the teacher as she skips through the Glossary section of our study book, picking a few words to discuss.

"Can anyone tell me what a Mateless wolf is?" She asks looking around the class at all the blank faces. 

See we aren't allowed to have our books open; we just have to guess what each one is. But I have an advantage over everyone else because my wolf is giving me the answers.

Simple, let me answer. My wolf yawns as she stretches her back the joints popping.

I shrug my shoulders. Sure.

She pushes forward, so that we're equally sharing my body. Raising my hand she impatiently shuffles around.

Noticing my hand up Beth looks at me quizzically. "Yes Amethyst?"

The whole class turns to me.

My wolf opens my mouth and answers Beth's question. "A Mateless who is a wolf who doesn't have a mate. This wolf usually feels an empty stop within themselves. This generally happens when a wolfs mate dies at a young age or before they mate."

Beth looks stunned, she starts to open her mouth to say something but. My wolf cuts her off.

"Another type of Mateless wolf is those who are never destined to have a mate, they don't have any empty feelings." She concludes huffing smugly.

Beth nods her head slowly. "Yes..." She trails off still staring at me as though I have five heads. And each of them are saying the same thing at different times.

I shift uncomfortably under the heavy stares of my class mates, whisking they would just look elsewhere but my wolf has another idea. "What else would you like me to define Miss?"

Shut up! I stress as I try to push her back behind the wall with little success. You’re making me look like a snob and a know it all!

My wolf just laughs.

Beth narrows her eyes at me, and then looks back down at her version of the book, flipping through the pages. "Define Replacement Mate."

"A Replacement Mate is a Mateless wolf - one who was destined to be alone - is picked by the Elder Council to become the mate of the future Alpha or Beta. They are picked for them when they can't find their own real mate. Like Derek at the moment with that little bitch Katherine." My wolf says with a smug smile.

I yell out within my own head as she says that, wishing I had the ability to strange her. Why did you say that?! I yell at her ignoring all the stunned and angry looks from everyone I'm currently receiving.

What? My wolf asks solemnly. He’s my mate and I don’t like her.
Yeah, but you don’t have to make me look like a jealous by stander wishing for a one night stand.
I growl at her.

When the bell rings signalling the end of today's class, I jump out of my seat, pick up my book and practically run out of class shoving my wolf back behind the wall where she's supposed to be.

When I reach the grass area outside Tommy is already there waiting for me. With a relieved sigh I jog over to him and throw my arms around his neck hiding my face in his chest.

"Whoa." He mutters as he just stands there for a few minutes before slowly wrapping his arms around me in a comforting gesture. "What's the matter?" He asks in a gentle voice.

"Worst first class ever." I mutter into his shirt.

Pulling myself back I stand up straight and smile at him. He gives me a wary smile back before turning so we can head home. 

"I have some news, which I should be really excited about but I'm not hundred percent." I look up at him as we walk.

"Alright." He says slowly.

"I found my mate yesterday." 

Tommy stops dead swinging me to look at him. "What?! Why didn't you tell me yesterday? And why aren't you happy about finding him?" He questions me.

"Well...." I trail off. "He's the future Alpha. But that's not what's bothering me." I rush out as he opens his mouth to probably yell at me.

"Then what's bothering you?" He asks after a couple of second’s silence.

"The fact the I have fallen for Nate." 

Tommy just stares at me. "Tessa's older brother?"

I nod.

He opens and closes his mouth a few times trying to come up with something to say. Before he gives up and just says. "We'll you got yourself into an awkward situation." 

I look toward the ground and start walking again. "Who have no idea?"

After that we stay silent, neither of us talking as we continue to make our way through the housing area to where our own house sits, the flowers under the living room windowsill wilt with lack of care.

Moving inside the house we drop our books on the kitchen table startling Claude awake from his nap, sitting up straight in his chair he smiles at us. "How was your first day?"

I groan. "I don't want to talk about it." Plopping myself in the chair in front of me, Tommy takes the one next to me.

"Awkward, everyone kept staring." Tommy says as he absently flips through his text book.

Claude looks at the books. "There still making those things." He quietly laughs.

I glance area then back at Claude. "Where's Noah?"

Claude lifts one shoulder in a loose shrug. "Said he'd be back later."

I look toward the doorway curiously, but I push it to the side for another day as I settle into my seat and start up a conversation with the two boys.

                                                              *  *  *  *  *

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
Well that chapter didnt turn out like i wanted it to. . . At all.
So sorry for the lame chapter, i mean it has what i want in it, but it just didnt turn out like i was hoping. Sorry. I'll probably go back at a later stage and rewrite it, when i do ill let you all know.

Don't worry the next chapter will hopefully be better. No it will be better and longer :) just not in Amethyst's view point.

Till then

SoaringSpirit