Chapter Three: School's In

• Dedicated to To my reader's - sorry for the wait

Walking through the camp once again, but this time to a section I haven't been to before. I gaze around nodding my head politely at other members as I pass, a young couple with two kid’s wave when they see me, another older couple smile and say hello as they move about their front garden. 

'Being within a community like this makes you feel like you belong, even if you have been missing for as long as I have. They all look past that, like it never happened. But I know that one missing Were causes worry but when not only two but three go missing ... That causes even more worry and stress among the members, so seeing Tommy and I returned it takes a load of everyone’s mind. Even those who grieve for Stephan's life.’

Tommy and I trail along behind a group of young Werewolves, who seem to be heading in the same direction as we are. But knowing us, if we don't follow we'd most likely end up getting lost within the large camp and then it would get embarrassing. 

When the wolves in front of us slow to a holt I realise that we've finally reached our destination, looking around I take in the large open grass area with the many young freshly turned Werewolves; either walking around in small clusters or sitting by themselves looking lonely.

It was yesterday afternoon as Tommy and I were enjoying our time lounging under a tree near our house that we had gotten a visit from one of the pack Guards, a middle aged male with short brown hair and hard dark eyes. He had been sent by Alpha Justin to pass on the message that he wanted us to start school tomorrow, he then gave us very little instructions on how to get there and that we would be in different classes with recently turned Were's - Which  we already knew.

Which is where we currently find ourselves standing out front of, the lush green grass area leads up to a medium size building. From the outside the building doesn't look like much, let alone a school but from the many mother wolves wandering around the area with toddlers it appears to be multi-purpose.

Standing right next to me Tommy shuffles awkwardly as he looks around the location his smokey grey eyes flitting over each and every object here, maybe watching for threats or just taking in our new surroundings. But either way I carefully reach out with my left hand and tightly clasp his right one within, squeezing gently I peer up at him out the corner of my eye and allow a small smile to curve up my lips.

Tommy's gaze moves toward mine, a nervous smile twitches the corner his lips before his eyes snap forward once again as a group of about seven boys moves from beneath the trees near us out onto the field to join everyone else waiting for the school day to finally begin.

Gently I squeeze his hand again before opening my mouth and saying. "No one is going to hurt you here, just breath and try to enjoy your day."

Still staring straight ahead he responds with. "I know, but I can't help it. It's just every time a male walks past I can't help thinking back to..." He stutters off but I get what he's talking about.

Leaning my head on his shoulder I hope my presence is reassuring. "It'll get easier over time; you just have to be patient."

He doesn't utter a word in response just shakes his head slightly then continues to look around the area.

Lifting my head back up I allow my mind to float over images of Derek, my mate, my other half, soul mate.... Which I'm still having trouble believing. But maybe it’s because of what I've been through that's causing me to have doubts, cause if I had still been here growing up within this pack I might have reacted differently to finding out he's my mate. I might have found it more believable.

An image of Nate sneaks its way into my thoughts, everything about him since the first time I met him had drawn me in. His looks and personality, it was like we had already known each other for many years and we had just caught up again to hang out for a while. My feelings for him are strong but I know I can't follow them because I have a mate and maybe with time my feelings for Derek will grow but I can't help wishing that I could be with Nate even just for a while.

A different image comes to mind, one of Roman. Someone I haven't thought about in ages, but even after all he did to me I can't help but have feelings for him, granted there not as strong as Nate's or Derek's but there still there. All three boys have managed to worm there way into my hear one way or another and I can't help but have feelings for each of them.

I only have feelings for our true mate! My wolf states as she lifts her huge head.

I know, the other two are my own doing. I sigh and roll my eyes as I think back to her.

I don’t mind the Son of Copper Eyes. She stretches yawning, tongue rolling out.

Nate, his name is Nate. I roll my eyes once again.

Yeah, him. My wolf mutters clearly bored. The son of Blood Eyes I would gladly kill. She licks her lips, canines glistening. 

Yeah. Is all I can think of responding with. The news about her wanting to kill Roman gets me thinking, but the fact that she doesn't mind Nate has a smile forming on my lips.

Moving forward when everyone else does I follow them into the building, stopping just on the inside we all crowd around a large pin up board with lists of names for each class, the people near Tommy and I stare at us and try to give us space but with everyone in here it’s too hard because we only end up being squashed tightly together.

Finally reaching the board I locate Tommy's name and then mine, going in the direction for my class I say goodbye to Tommy and move off with the others. Going into the class room, I realise how familiar it feels. A flash back to The Blood Eyes when we were in the classroom that time causes me to stifle a sigh, the teacher and my classmates openly stare at me as I move down the aisle to the very back.

Turning my attention to the front I ignore all the stares and whispers around me.

The lady at the front removes her hazel eyes from me to gaze over the rest of the class, her shoulder length dirty blonde hair has a strip of black framing her face. "Good morning class, you can call me Beth. I will be your teacher for this year." She picks up a piece of paper and starts to read of names, but I zone out until I hear my name which I automatically respond to.

Once finished she picks up a stack of books and starts passing them around the class, when one finally lands on my desk I glance down at the title; 'Werewolf Studies 101.'

How ironic. My wolf states in a bored tone.

I ignore her comment and focus back on the teacher, knowing that the only way to get through all this is if I pay attention and get everything done right the first time round.

                                                            *  *  *  *  *

Finally uploaded chapter three.... So sorry for the wait, it was one of those chapters that no matter how many times i changed something i still didn't like it.... But i knew i had to get something up so this will do for now and who knows maybe ill end up keeping it the way it is.... 
Sorry again :)

SoaringSpirit