Chapter 12

Damon's P.O.V

I walked through the door of the Pierce house 2 days later and slid off my sunglasses. Katherine was sitting on the couch reading a magizine and I was aware of blaring music upstairs . Thank GOD they didn't have any nieghboors .

" What's with the music ? " I asked .

Katherine sighed .

" I've been trying to calm her down since you brought her home . " Katherine said .

" You mean , that is Sydney ? " I asked , curious .

" Yeah ... me and Edward tried everything .I just hope she can snap out of it ." Katherine said .

" Mind if I go see her ? " I asked .

" No . Just be careful . She's unpredictable . " Katherine said , getting back to her magizine .

I nodded and walked up the grand staircase of the Pierce Manor and knocked on the last door at the end of the hall way .

" GO THE HELL AWAY ! " I heard Sydney yell .

I opened the door and gasped at her room . It was magnificent .

She was jumping up and down with a bottle of some kind of liquor singing along to some kind of teenage girl breakup song .

I was shocked . No wonder Katherine couldn't calm her down !

She paused for a brief second before going back to jumping up and down .

" Uh ... mind if I join you ? " I asked , smirking . 

Sydney rolled her eyes .

" Should I ? " she asked , starting into spirts of giggling and I chuckled .

I wonder how long it'd been since she'd gotten drunk . She always seemed so " angelic " compared to Katherine .

I was going to enjoy this .

Stefan's P.O.V

I was pacing . I didn't mean to hurt her feelings . She wasn't even supposed to know ! How did she unlock the trunk ! All these thoughts were going through my head when the phone rang and I answered .

" Hello ? " I asked .

" STEFAN ! " I heard Katherine demand.

" Yeah , what is it ? How is your sister ? " I asked , genuinely concerned .

" Well , she'd be better off without you ! " Katherine spat .

" I really didn't mean it! She was never supposed to remember ! " I said defensivley .

" How'd that work out for ya ? " Asked Katherine laughing .

There was silence for a brief second .

" Look , just get over here . Now . She's lost her mind and Damon went into her room over 30 miniutes ago and he hasn't come out ! " She said and I could tell she was confused and annoyed by the whole thing .

" HER ROOM ? " I demanded .

And hung up before rushing over to the Pierce sister's house . When I got there , Katherine was pacing with a beer .

" Which door ? " I asked .

" Last one at the end of the hall . " Katherine said, waving me forward .

I nodded and ran up to Sydney's bedroom where I heard loud music and knocked on the door .

No answer .

I opened the door and saw Sydney and Damon dancing around the room .

Was I dreaming . It MUST be a nightmare !

" Oh , thou charming little brother hath show . " Damon said in an accent and I knew he was mocking me .

I saw Sydney turn around with big doe eyes that then turned to rage when she saw me .

" GET OUT ! " she screamed.

" I had to see you were okay . " I said innocently .

" I am NOT okay . I'm drunk and I'm insane ! " She screams .

" You shouldn't drink . You're only 17 . " Damon joked .

" Yeah , with 500+ years of experience . " she said , laughing .

Damon chuckled .

" Please , Damon , let me talk to her . " I begged .

" Fine . I'll see YOU later . " Damon said smirking as he gently tapped Sydney's nose .

It bothered me .

I turned back to Sydney .

" Can I have just a little of your time ? I promise I'll never bother you again. " I said .

Sydney sighed in frustration and ran a hand through her dark hair and I knew it was in defeat .