Chapter 2

* Sydney's P.O.V *

The next morning I got dressed and walked downstairs and drove to Mystic High . I pulled up and I heard gasps . Everyone stopped and stared and I was glad I was hidden behind my sun glasses . I pulled into a parking place and ignored all the looks and walked into the building .
I walked inside and into the administrative office . A short woman with Grey hair smiled a warm smile at me.
I slid off my glasses and used my compulsion .
" My name is Sydney Duckett , I'm a transfer student from Europe and I'm new to your school . You've been expecting me and we spoke on the phone . " I lied as the woman got a blank hypnotizing expression .
Patricia nodded and then smiled again .
" You must be Miss Duckett , the new student . I'm Patricia , we spoke on the phone . " She said .
I nodded .
" How old are you , dear ? " She asked looking me over .
" 17 . " I said without hesitation .
I lied again . I was really 500 and something years old , but I was frozen at 17 . Not that she knew that .
" Oh , you must be very smart . " Patricia muttered .
" I'd like to think so . " I added over my shoulder as I walked down the deserted hallway to the last door on the right . It read : Foreign Language
I took a deep breath and opened the door .
I heard gasps , but I didn't get a chance to see any faces because my eyes were to the floor . Only when I reached an empty, desk and set my bag down , did I look up .
I saw teenagers staring at me with wide eyes . All except for one . He looked surprised .
A blond haired woman and walked in and gasped when she saw me .
" Oh , you must be the transfer student . "
She said looking at me .
I held my head high as I spoke .
" Yes . "
Their mouths dropped open and after I sat down , a guy extended a hand to me .

" Tyler . Tyler Lockwood . "

" Hi . " I said politely .

Tyler nodded .  

I turned back to the class .

" Now , as for the new student in the back , I hear you are from Europe . Where ? " asked Mrs . Blaine
Everyone stared at me . Especially this boy in the back . He had dark hair , pale skin and a broody and mysterious look . He was familiar .
" Bulgaria . " I said looking straight into his eyes .
" Do you speak any foreign languages ? " Asked Mrs. Blaine .
" French , Italian , Bulgarian , Romanian and Russian . " I said looking at the ground .
" But if you're only 17, then how do you know so many languages ? " asked a blond teacher surprised .
" My mother ." I said .
" You're Bulgarian ? " Stefan asked , flustered .
" Yes . " I replied .
" Anyways , moving on . Can any of you greet me in French ? " She asked .
" Bonjour comment vas-tu aujourd'hui? " ( Hello , how are you today ? ) I asked .
Nothing .
" Okay , let's learn the basics ..... " the teacher said surprised , turning to the rest of her class .
After the class was over , it was lunchtime .
At lunch , I walked into the lunchroom , and everyone who wasn't in my class stopped and stared along with some teachers .
With my vampire hearing , I could hear them :
Who is she ?
She's hot !
Is she single ?
Is she a new student ?
She looks like Katherine .
I froze . Katherine . I turned my head in the direction of the voice and saw a girl who looked almost exactly like Katerina ,  but I knew it wasn't . It couldn't be . Stefan was at her side along with Matt and another girl . I decided to listen a little closer :
" She's from Bulgaria , too . " Stefan said .
" Maybe she's Katherine's daughter . " I heard Matt say .
" She's beautiful . " Said the girl that looked like Katerina.
" Elena , there's something different about her . " Added the girl on her side .
" I know , Bonnie . " Said Elena .
" She's very smart . " Matt said again .
" Do you think she's a vampire ? " Elena asked .
" I think it's possible . " Stefan said .
" I wonder how Damon will react when he finds out that there could possibly be another Petrova in Mystic Falls . " Elena added .
So she WAS here . I decided it would be best if I got some fresh air .
After a few more classes , Stefan walked up to me .
" Hi . I'm Stefan Salvatore . " he said , extending a hand to me .
I took it and shook it .
" Sydney Duckett . " I said .
" I couldn't help but notice that you look like a friend of mine . She is from Bulgaria as well . Maybe we could talk sometime. " He offered .
I nodded .
" Maybe we could . " I said .
He smiled .
He was really very good looking .
Then Tyler walked up .
" Don't you have better places to be , Salvatore ? " He asked rudely .
Stefan glared at him , before walking away .
" Hey , Sydney , there's a party this weekend at the Mystic Grill and I was wondering if you wanted to go ? " He asked .
" Um .... sure . "
Tyler smiled .
" Okay , see you then . " I nodded as he ran off to football practice .
Nice kid , I thought. But just a kid and he seems kind of rood . I shrugged it off as I drove home .