Chapter 3

* Sydney's P.O.V *

I sighed . I couldn't believe I was going to this party . I slipped into a red dress and walked out and got into my car . I hit the peddal and sped to the Mystic Grill . When I got there , everyone was just sitting around and some wierd wordless music was playing . I saw Stefan , Bonnie , Elena , Matt and Tyler along with Caroline and .... and ... Katerina . There was someone else .... he had pierceing blue eyes and thick black hair and he was .... very fimiliar . I MUST'VE met him before . Everyone turned when I walked in . I left my shades on. I didn't want Katerina to notice me yet .

I walked over to the D.J .

" Mind pumping up the party ? " I asked , taking my shades off to compel him .

An Enrique Igleasis song came on .and I walked over and grabbed a cup of punch and when I was drinking it when I felt someone watching me .

I turned to see the man with the piercing blue eyes . I - I remembered . Damon . Damon Salvatore .

Damon walked over to me . I didn't know how I knew his name . I just knew it .

" Hello . " he said in his velvety voice .

" Hello . " I answered .

" Would you like to dance ? " he asked , offering me a hand .

I took the hand and he twirled me into the center of the floor .

He put his hands on me and we danced to the beat , catching the eyes of everyone in the room . Stefan's , Tyler's and Matt's dropped open. Damon smirked .

" I think you have a few admirers . " Damon said chuckling .

" Yes , well right now , I'm only focusing on one . " I added as he twirled me again .

After the dance , I saw Katerina walking up to Damon and I spun around on my heels and walked out fast . Not there. Not with all those people .

I walked into the deserted parkinglot and Katerina , Damon, Elena and Stefan walked out. I had my back to them .

" What are you ? " Stefan asked .

I laughed a dry laugh .

I slid my shades off and put them into my pocket , with my back still to them .

" I thought for sure YOU'D notice me , Katerina . " I said .

I could feel the confusion and tention .

" W-What did you just call me ? " I heard Katerina's voice and I wanted to run and hug her .

I'd been alone so long.

" Katerina Petrova from Bulgaria . 1490 . " I said .

I heard her gasp .

" WHO ARE YOU ? How did you know ? " She demanded .

I turned around and she gasped again .

" Because I was there . " I said .

" Sydney ! I-I thought you were dead ! " She said laughing in disbelief .

" I AM dead , Kat . " I said lauging drly .

" I just can't believe it ! After all these years ! " Katerina said smiling .

" Me either . " I added as Katerina pulled me into a tight hug .

" Katherine ? " I heard Damon ask confused .

" Katherine ? What ? Who ? " I asked .

" I'm Katherine . Katherine Pierce . I changed my name to avoid someone and now YOU'RE Sydney Pierce . " She said happily .

" I'd changed my name to avoid someone too . " I muttered .

" What name did you use ? " Katherine asked .

" Sydney Duckett . " I said laughing .

Katherine giggled .

" Anyways , now that you're back , we can catch up ! Oh and since you moved here right now , the Founder's Day party and festival are coming up ! We are deffinatley going ! It is so great haveing my little sis back ! " She said pulling me into another bone-crushing hug .

I smiled .

" Can't wait . " I added .