Chapter 33

We arrived at Venice beach and I had cleared my head of those thoughts. We went to beach for a while and took one of those walks along the beach. After that we decided to go to the boardwalk.

"Do you want to get a henna tattoo?" Ashton asked

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt, right?" I said

"It's a temporary tattoo, of course it doesn't hurt!" he laughed

I rolled my eyes and he just kept laughing.

"Hey it's not my fault my mom never let me get one!" I defended myself

My mom thought all tattoos were bad and it didn't matter if it was temporary or not. Even when I was a little kid she wouldn't let me get those colorful temporary tattoos that had glitter on them.

"Oh Emma" he chuckled

"Whatever" I said acting as if I were offended

I got a henna tattoo that was similar to a flower on the palm of my hand.

"Wait does your mum still not want you getting a henna tattoo?" he asked

"Yeah...oops"

After I got the henna tattoo, we ran into someone.

It was Dylan along with some of his friends. Why is it that I always see him when I'm with Ashton. He knows how jealous Ashton gets when Dylan's near me so he just smiled and gave me a simple hello.

We continued walking on the ocean front walk. We stopped for a couple minutes to watch some street performers. Not many people gave them a tip but I saw Ashton give them money. We went to the freak show and bought some ice cream afterwards. We went to a bunch of other shops and booths but it would take me all day to list them.

I was horribly tired by the time we got in the car to go home.

"Did you enjoy our date?" he asked

"It was wonderful" I replied

He smiled and began to drive.

Then all the thoughts rushed back to me. If only he knew today was our last day. I have to break up with him...or we could continue to date as we did before.

No it would never work, we won't be able to hide our relationship again with those cameras my mother installed. Plus, Ashton's tour is in about two or three days, and I honestly don't know if long distance relationships work.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as he noticed me staring intently out the window

"Nothing" lies

"If it's about the tour I'll make sure nothing changes between us, we're too strong, I love you"

"I love you" I repeated

I fell asleep shortly after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ashton's P.O.V

Emma fell asleep next to me. I quickly glanced at her at times while she slept. She always looked so beautiful, it didn't matter what she does. She's just always beautiful in my eyes. I've thought that since the first day I met her and I will think that until the last.

My thoughts were disrupted by the sound of my car's engine sputtering, then my car stopped. Are you serious? Did my car really just break down?!

Emma was still asleep and I didn't want to wake her up. She looked so peaceful resting and I didn't want to bother her.

I called the boys and asked them to pick me up.

"Why?" calum said on the phone

"Because my car broke down!" I said trying not to wake Emma

I would have gotten out of the car to talk but it's all dark...

"Fine where are you?"

I texted him my location and then called a tow truck.

The boys came first and we waited until the tow truck came.

I don't really know why all the boys had to come.

I carefully carried Em out of my car and placed her in Calum's car. I sat her in between Michael and I. She almost woke up but closed her eyes again.

"What's she doing here?" Luke asked

Calum started driving once the tow truck arrived and took my car.

"We went to the beach"

He just nodded.

"What's so wrong with Emma?" Michael asked Luke

I don't understand why Luke doesn't like Emma. He used to think she was cool until he found out her age. I know she's just fifteen but I can't help the way I feel towards her.

"Well maybe the fact that she's fourteen and she's dating Ashton who's nineteen! that could cause big problems!" Luke said

"She's fifteen" I defended her even though it didn't make much of a difference

"And stop yelling you're going to wake her" I whispered

Calum and Michael seemed shocked when I told them but they didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. I never told them? I guess they really weren't listening when I told Luke.

Emma shifted and leaned her head against my shoulder in her sleep and no one talked for the rest of the way home.