Chapter 17: Texts

Y/Ns POV
It's been a week! He's avoided me,not replied or picked up the phone once. I don't understand why. What did I do?!

Colby's POV
I can't do it. It hurts too much knowing that she doesn't like me the way I like her. I can't bring myself to talk to her, if I do I'll just make her hate me even more. Why am I so stupid?! I shouldn't have-

"Hey man, wanna get something to eat?" Brennen snaps me out of my thought process.
"I dunno, I'm not really hungry.."
"I'm going with Corrina and her friend. Does that build up an appetite?"
"Not really. I think I'll just stay here"
"Come on, if you like her as much as it seems, you should go talk to her or at least reply to her texts"
"No I-"
"Shut up. I don't wanna know hear about it. Talk to her!"
"Ok...."
"Promise me that you will"
"Ok, I promise. There happy."
"Not until you actually do it"
I pull my phone out of my pocket and go on to messages.
Colby: Hi,I'm sorry about what I did. Can we talk it out?

Y/Ns POV
Ping!
I hurriedly run and get my phone off the counter.

Colby: Hi,I'm sorry about what I did. Can we talk it out?
As I go to reply....

MY FRICKIN PHONE DIES!!!!!

Worst timing ever.

I go upstairs and put it on charge, waiting impatiently for it to power on again.

The phone glows and the apple logo appears. I tap my fingers on my bedside table until the lock screen comes on. I swipe to reply to Colby's text.
Y/N: Yeah sure, where do u wanna meet?
Send.

The typing icon pops up and I wait once more.
Colby: I'll pick u up and we'll go get some food

Y/N: Ok

Colby: I'll be there in an hour k?

Y/N: Sounds good
I leave my phone to charge and go to get changed out of my sweats.

I put on black skinny jean, a top with the alien emoji saying 'humans aren't real' and (no this BISH ain't basic so there won't be any messy buns in this fanfic) I brush my hair keeping it down.

I go downstairs to see Sem sat on the couch eating ice cream and sobbing her heart out.

I sneak out the room before she can see me and go back to my phone.

Y/N: Sorry I can't come, maybe another time?

Typing...

Colby: okay, I'll see u soon?

Y/N: hopefully

I turn off my phone and run to the kitchen. I delve into the freezer, pulling out some cookie dough ben and Jerrys. I got a double pack of double stuffed Oreos (otherwise known as the food of life)
I go into the sitting room and plonk myself next to Sem.

"What's wrong ay?" I say opening the Oreos.
"He-he was" she started "this girl"
Before she can end that sentence I scream "that basterd!!!"

A/N sorry this chapter is shorter than (most hated guys) penis. And also for not updating in a week but life has been painful. Physically and Mentally. I'll try to update this weekend. Thank you for 6K READS. JK Rowling is shook!!!!!!❤️❤️