Part 39

"What's the matter, Remus? You normally don't act so aggressive", Sarah inquired softly. Remus took deep breaths and the scent of his mate calmed him slightly. He knew why he was so touchy. His wolf wanted Jack to know that it was his territory he was on and Jack had to follow his instructions that included that Jack had to back off his mate. Well, he couldn't possibly say that to Sarah so he only said: "It's nothing." Moreover, there was another matter to him. The patronus charm was said that only pure people could conjure but he as a werewolf was far away from that.
Sarah had an idea of what was riling Remus up since old Remus once explained her what happened when two werewolves clashed and he also told her about his old fear.
But contrary to young Remus she knew that he was able to conjure a patronus since he was the one who taught her.
"You need to calm down", she only said and walked behind him. She put her hands on his shoulders and she sensed him tensing up. "And you need to relax", she added. Slowly she sensed that he began to relax. "And now, close your eyes", she instructed. Remus did as she said. "Think of your memory ... and now say it." "Expecto Patronum", he shouted and a white mist started to emit from his wand. "I did it", he whispered in awe. "I did it!", he cried. Sarah laughed at his happiness and she was reminded that old Remus did the same when she cried out of relief. In his happiness he hugged Sarah and she automatically hugged him back.
Jack was helping Lily when he heard Remus' shout. They both turned their heads just in time to see him hugging Sarah. "And she's the lifesaver now", Lily thought sarcastically but felt bad immediately after the thought. After all, it wasn't Sarah's fault that James didn't like her anymore. It was her fault and her's alone.
"She does have a way with people, doesn't she?", Jack mused with a smile. "Yeah, she does", Lily agreed relucantly.
At the same time Sirius said to Sarah cheekily: "Well, don't you want to help me?" Sarah wanted to chuckle at his antic but then she remembered his words at the Common Room at Saturday and frowned instead. She decided that she wasn't ready to forgive him until he apologized. Sirius seemed to remember his words, too, as he scratched his head sheepishly. She saw Jack talking to Lily and she thought it would give Lily not a chance to ignore her so she walked to them. Jack smiled at her and she said to Lily: "How is it going?" "Not so good", she answered testily. In truth, Lily can't come up with any happy memories since she keeps remembering the scene from last evening.
Gradually, most of the students got at least a small wisp of mist. And then the lesson was almost over. "Now to the last part", Sarah said and clapped her hands and got the attention of the class. Jack gulped knowing what came now. "Well, I'd like to have an evaluation. Who think that Jack was a good teacher?" All hands of Gryffindor went up and even some Slytherins raised their hands. "So you weren't afraid of him?", Sarah clarified. "What? Afraid of a boy?", Malfoy scoffed. Sarah only smiled at his response, smug about his answer. "Jack, I think it's time that you show your patronus", she said and gave him an encouraging smile. Jack took a deep breath and said: "Expecto Patronum." And a silver wolf came out, jumping through the classroom until it faded.
The classroom was silent, many not comprehending what it meant except for Remus, James, Sirius and ... Lily. "You all said that you didn't fear him. The last 90 minutes you got to know him. That's how he is. Does your view change when you know that he is a werewolf?", Sarah asked calmly and waited for the class' reaction.