Part 20

After lunch they went to Transfiguration. Sarah tugged at James' sleeves and indicated him to go slower. Luckily, the other Mauraders didn't notice. "What were you talking about that Sirius spit out his juice?", she asked him. "Why me?", James said playfully offended, "it could also be Wormtail or Moony." "Please", Sarah scoffed, "Remus is too nice to do and say something like that and Peter doesn't dare to." James playfully put a hand over his heart and said: "You have proved me guilty." Sarah just rolled her eyes at his theatralics. "Well, if you want to know it that bad, Padfoot asked me why I haven't been asking Lily out and told me to stop staring at her. I was saying that I was looking at you and well... You know the rest", James shrugged with his shoulders. "Okay", Sarah said slowly, "and why were you looking at me?" Here James stopped and looked at her intensly. "You have a certain similarity with Lily. You know, your face and eyes though your eyes are a little bit darker than hers. If you would dye your hair red, I'm sure we can't tell you two apart. You could be siblings or twins." "Damn", Sarah thought panicked. "Well, what a coincidence", she said trying to remain cool and unaffected on the outside. "Yeah", James repeated her words, "what a coincidence."
The last part of the way to Transfiguration they went silently. James mulling about the similarity of Lily and Sarah and Sarah thinking of a good explanation. As they arrived, Sirius said: "Oh good, you're here. We thought that we lost you." James rolled his eyes and said: "You know that I have been attending to this school for six years now?" Sirius just shrugged his shoulders and said: "Well, anything could happen." With that he threw an arm around Sarah and wanted to lead her next to his seat. But to Sirius' dismay Sarah just shrugged his arm away and went to the front desk where Lily sat.
"Would the gentlemen be so friendly and get to their seats?", McGonagall asked the Mauarders sternly. Sirius recovered from the shock -since noone ever said no to him and shrugged his arm away- and said charmingly to the professor: "Of course, Minnie." McGonagalls lips twitched like she wanted to say something but let it slide. "Well, now that you are all seated, we can begin with the lesson. Today we will learn how to turn a needle in a mouse. You have to..."
Here Sarah turned off and stared out of the window since she already learned it in her time. She saw the green quidditch pitch and the Giant squid. "Almost like in my time", she thinks suddenly feeling nostalgic and sad, "I wonder what Ron and Hermione are doing now. If they continued with the search? I also have to begin with the horcruxes  now. Maybe it will save my parents and Sirius and all the others... Are the Weasleys safe? I wonder..." "Sarah, Ms Porter!", the voices of Lily and McGonagall threw her out of her musings. She quickly collected herself and saw that all people of the class were staring at her. "Shit", she thought. "We called you at least three times", Lily said worriedly, "do you feel okay?" "Yes", Sarah said quickly, "I'm fine. Sorry Professor." McGonagall pursed her lips and nodded tightly. "Since you are not paying attention to my class, I dare say you already know how to do it, Ms Porter?", she asked. Sarah just shrugged her shoulders, muttered the spell and the needle turned into a mouse. Before it could run away, Sarah said quickly: "Petrificum Totales" and the mouse was stunned. She then noticed that McGonagall looked at her with a calculating look in her eyes. "While I appreciate your quick reflexes, I won't tolarate this spell here. I don't know what they teach you in France but here it is only used for defense measures, not for enjoyment. Don't do this a second time." Here Sarah only nodded and berated herself silently. "How could you just be so careless", she thought angry with herself. It was a quick reflex without thinking. She was used to using this spell but she forgot that others weren't.