Part 37

After the breakfast it was double lesson DADA. "Are you ready?", Sarah asked Jack. He gulped nervously but nodded. Since it was ten minutes early there weren't many students in the classroom. Actually, there were no one. "Can you please wait outside for a minute?", Sarah asked Jack. He nodded. Sarah took a deep breath to calm herself since she knew Lukos was ready to rile her up and walked into the classroom. "Ah Miss Porter", Lukos greeted her gleefully, "came here early to admit defeat?" "Quite the contrary", Sarah retorted him calmly, "I'm here early because I want to redeem the bet. I would like to hold this lesson if you allow me." Intrigued, Lukos allowed it. "Jack, please come in", she bade Jack and he walked in. Lukos raised his eybrows in question and thought: "What does a boy have to do with the bet?"
(As you can see, dear readers, Lukos isn't brightest...)
"He'll help me", Sarah explained to Lukos as she saw Lukos' questioning glance. Sarah inwardly snorted and thought: "He propably thinks that I take a werewolf in its animal form into the class and expect the people not to be afraid."
Gradually, the classroom was filled with pupils. They all were astonished and curious when they saw Sarah and the new boy standing in front of the teacher's desk instead of the professor who sat in the corner. When all students were seated, Sarah began her 'lesson': "Well, you propably are all wondering why I'm standing here instead of the professor. You see, the ministry said that it's essential to learn self-defense due to the dark times. As the number of dementors increases, they thought that it would be wise to let the students learn the patronus charm now than when you actually need it." Actually, it was a half lie since the ministry only wrote in the newspaper that all people needed to be prepared. "But it didn't hurt to stretch it", Sarah thought.
As the class looked at Lukos to confirm it, he nodded half-heartedly. Both of them, Lukos and Sarah, didn't want the class to know about their bet. "Well, and the professor here thought that it would be better when a student teaches a student because it would be more clearer", Sarah continued, "and I got support from a real expert, Jack Thompson." Here she indicated to Jack who blushed slightly because of her words. "He came extra from France", Sarah added. Remus' eyes shot to Jack when he smelled the familiar scent. And Jack also immediately focused on him. "Werewolf", both thought. Jack leaned forward to Sarah and whispered into her ear: "Did you know that you have a werewolf in your class?" Sarah nodded slightly, not enough to attract attention.
Remus watched Jack as he leaned forward to whisper something into Sarah's ear. "How dare he to touch her like that? She's mine", Remus inwardly fumed. "Hey Moony", James shook him out of his thoughts, "are you alright? You look like you're ready to murder someone." Truth be told, James also wasn't amused by Jack's familiar interactions with Sarah. Remus leaned forward (Sirius and James sat in front of him) and whispered that only they could hear his next words: "He's a werewolf." Sirius and James stiffened at his words and looked at Jack. "The bet", Sirius said, "it's because of the bet!" They all sucked in a sharp breath because they knew now how important this lesson was.
"So you can already make a patronus?", Marlene asked sceptically. Sarah only raised her wand, thought about a happy memory and said: "Expecto Patronum." She expected a stag coming out of her wand but instead it changed - to a phoenix. There were gasps and aweful murmurs as the students watched the bird flying across the classroom and it stopped right in front of Sarah. "You can go", she murmered and the bird slowly faded. "A phoenix, how fitting", she thought bitterly, "born out of the ashes just like me reborn from the time."