Part 19

Maurader's POV:
Sirius noticed that James' eyes often wandered to Lily during lunch: "Hey mate, stop staring at Evans, it's creepy. Still in love with her, eh? Didn't hear you ask her out today", he laughed.  However, James didn't say anything, he just kept staring at Lily. "Prongs?", Sirius nudged him. "Oh what?", he asked. Sirius rolled his eyes and whined: "You were so lost in your world that you didn't even notice your best friend! I said that you should stop looking at Evans, it's creepy." "Oh", James just said, "I wasn't looking at her. I was looking at Sarah." Unfortunately, Sirius was drinking Pumpkin Juice at that moment, so as James said this, he spluttered everything out... on Peter who then let out a girly scream. "What?", he bellowed.
"Sirius, can't you even drink?", Lily asked exsperated. Sirius then noticed that all eyes on the Gryffindor table were on him, including Sarah's. "Damn, that wasn't my plan of attracting her attention!", he thought angrily but then: "why do I even care? She's just like any other girl. She'll soon be swooning over me just like all the other girls..." But deep down, Sirius knew that Sarah wasn't that type of person which only intrigued him more. Sarah then stood up, whispered something into Lily's ears and Lily nodded, huffed and went out of the Great Hall. Sarah then went over to them.

Sarah's POV:
"James is looking at you again, Sarah", Alice whispered to me, "it's the fourth time now." I just rolled my eyes and answered: "He's looking at Lily, not me." Their trys to find evidence that MY FATHER would be romantically involved was just gross and revolting! But it felt more and more like that James is my brother and not my father. It had to be the non-existent age difference.
However after all, it seemed like the plan is working. Lily seems to be a bit jealous. I was thrown out of my musings as I heard Sirius shout: "What?" and I was just able to see how he spluttered all his juice on Peter. "That happens him right, that rat!", I thought smugly. Then of course, Lily went off. She shouted at Sirius how irresponsible and immature he was and so on. But I was inwardly glad that Sirius didn't change a bit. Of course, the older one was more mature and not so healthy looking but the Sirius I see now has the same posture as the old one. As I had pity with Sirius being under Lily's anger for so long, I stood up and went to her to calm her down or to distract her. I whispered into Lily's ear: "Didn't you want to take a few books from the dorm? You should be going now if you don't wnat to be late. I'll be going to Transfiguration with the Mauraders, so don't worry about me." Lily nodded and went away.

Normal POV:
"You sure know how to attract attention, Black", Sarah teased him. "Everything for you", he flirted back. Sarah just laughed and handed him a napkin. Sirius blushed a bit and took it. Sarah noticed Remus sitting across Sirius with his hand clenched around the spoon so hard that his knuckles were white. "Everything ok, Remus?", she asked him concerned. "Yes", he forced a smile but inwardly screamed: "No and only because of Padfoot!" Sarah knew something was wrong but didn't press the matter any further. "I have to see when the next moon is", she mused to herself. "Are you finished?", she then asked James. She was dying to know what lead to Sirius' outburst. "Almost", he answered and indicated her to sit next to him as he moved over. Sarah took his offer and sat down. "Well, it seems like you're gonna have detention at Minnie's place again", James grinned at them. "Why we?", Remus asked him suspiciously. "Well, I have to be the knight in shining armour and bring Sarah to the Transfiguration classroom. So I'm on time", as James said this, he threw an arm around Sarah's shoulder's which didn't went unnoticed by the others, "however, you lot have to wait for Peter to change. And as you know, Wormtail needs for ever to change his clothes." Peter blushed madly at what James said. Sarah rolled her eyes at James' exaggeration. She knew that the Mauraders were suspicious at her cold demeanour towards Peter, so she decided to act nice towards him for once to diffuse any tensions. "There's no need", she spoke up, "we all will be on time for the lesson." James raised an eyebrow in question, "and how do you want to achieve it, my dear?" Sarah rolled her eyes at the endearment and said teasingly: "Have you forgotten that you are a wizard, James?" She then took out her wand, muttered the cleaning spell and Peter was clean again. "Oh", James muttered, "I forgot."