Part 6

Sarah stared for a moment at her father before she maintained her composure. However, this moment didn't go unnoticed by the Marauders. They were looking at each other with curiousness. It seemed to them that the longer they are in her presence the more questions seems to pop up instead of diminishing them.
"I'm Sarah Porter", she introduced herself while smiling sweetly. Peter went red. "Oh, is little Peter embarrassed?", Sirius teased. Sarah's eyes snapped to the traitor that had rat her parents out. Under her attention Peter blushed harder. Sarah did her best not to put her wand at his throat instantly and kill him. Instead she forced a smile on her face. "No wonder, nobody suspected him at first", Sarah thought, "he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who dares to do something against his friends... Maybe I can change him, too?" But she threw the idea almost immediately away. He was after all not the time worth, she decided.
"Well, how does it come that you are now attending the school instead of the beginning of the school term?", James asked narrowing his eyes. "James", Remus hissed. But to their astonishment Sarah only laughed lightly: "It's ok, Remus, I do not mind the question. I am transferred from Beauxbaton. My parents and friends were killed by Voldemort in France." To underline her story Sarah tried to look sad. The Mauraders looked horrified and Remus whispered sharply to James: "Now see, what damage you've done." "We're very sorry for your loss", James said sincerely. "If only you know...", Sarah thought. "Thank you", she said.
Sirius sat just next to her and watched her thoughtfully. She became more and more of a mystery to him and he was determined to solve this. She interested him in a way no other girls could. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't immediately fawn over his charms and good looks like the other girls would or it was her character and history that interested Sirius very much. Whatever it was, he was interested in that girl and he wanted to get to know her better.
To lighten up the situation he smiled his famous crooked smile that all girls fawn about, put a arm around Sarah and said flirtatious: "I heard that only veelas are attending Beauxbaton. From your looks you surely have to be the most good looking girl there." Sarah only smiled and said: "Since I am involved, I may not be the best objective judge" while smiling her famous smile that would put her out of trouble. Her smile left Sirius and all the other boys who were listening the conversation breathless. Remus sensed a feeling as he saw Sarah talking and smiling to Sirius. It was... Jealousy. His inner beast was protesting and wanted to hit Sirius for flirting with his mate. "Wait... Mate?", Remus asked himself shocked, "no it cannot be. I can't condemn someone so purely to such a life!" On the other hand he didn't want to give up on the girl yet...