Fourteen

" Dinah where you at " Normani walked through the front door asking just for Dinah to pop up out of thin air " Here let me take a few of those " she reached down taking a few bags out of Normani hands since she had made it her business to grab everything the first trip since making another trip to the car wasn't a option.

They walked into the kitchen and silently put the groceries away.

Dinah looked over at Normani for a few second before loudly clearing her throat causing Her to look over at her with a raised brow " You okay Baby D " she slightly grinned " Stop calling me that just because I know about all the new snacks " they both laughed together in unison.

Once the laughing died down they finished putting away the groceries and made they way into the living room.

Dinah sat there trying to get her thoughts together she looked over at Normani once more before getting up from her position " I'll be back " she lowly mumbled before walking off into the other room to pick up a folder of crossword puzzles, she took another deep breath before walking back into the living room " You love me right " she stood beside the couch looking down at Normani speaking.

She watched the darker girl place the remote controller down on the cushion beside her and look up at her " with every fiber in my body " she responded " Would you do anything for me " she continued their staring contest " everything imaginable " Normani replied in a low tone.

Dinah stood there a little longer finally growing satisfied with her answers " Good to know now let's do some crossword puzzles " she held the folder up before walking back over to take her sit beside Normani causing her to eye her closely.

Dinah flipped through a few pages before handing Normani a sheet an a pen, she took out a copy for herself then sat the folder to the side.

She watched Normani shift her body to the side so she wasn't facing Dinah since she claimed she always cheated off her paper.

Dinah pulled out her phone and set the timer " Okay I'm giving you ten minutes to solve the whole puzzle " she spoke placing her phone on the table " I only need five " Normani spoke matter factly, Dinah just smiled while watching Normani draw a line through her first word.

She sat there for a little longer just watching Normani not once picking up her pen to at least try to conquer her puzzle before she knew it the timer went off causing her heart to come to a halt before resuming its beating " No it couldn't have been ten minutes already I still have a few more words to find " Dinah looked at her back as she stood from the couch " What words did you find " she asked with her eyes still glued onto the short girl.

Dinah stood there and listened to Normani mumble out the words she had found to herself until she came to a complete pause.

She looked over the words a few more times before feeling a burst of happiness shoot through her body " what words did you find " she heard Dinah repeat herself but she couldn't get the words out anymore.

She finally took a few deep breaths with her back turned towards Dinah " Will You Marry Me Please Say Yes " she repeated the words out loud pausing before each one with the biggest grin on her face. She finally decided to face Dinah just to turn around to see her already down on one knee with a ring pointed up towards her causing the water works to start " Is that a yes " Dinah asked with a semi worried look on her face, but that all changed once Normani pushed herself up from the couch into Dinah's arms causing her to tumble over " it's a hell yes " she attacked  her lips before placing kisses all over her face " I would be a fool to say no "

We have finally reached the end 😩😫

This book is the sweetest, I smiled so hard while writing some of these chapters it's almost crazy.