Four

I can never turn a corner without someone asking " So what inspires you to write " and like always I just stand there trying to think of an answer to the hardest question ever because everything inspires me from the way part of the city lights up at night to or to the way the stream of water moves swiftly across a bridge.

It's not really about being inspired it's about what you truly feel. I looked around my surroundings before picking up my cup of tea placing it to my lips.

I thought about the girl I watched everyday walk across campus and a slight smile appeared. She had a way of making my heart do things I didn't even think were possible. I closed my eyes trying to catch a glimpse of her smile while humming the song that softly played throughout the coffee shop " Dance with me " I heard a firm yet soft voice speak causing me to open my eyes.

And there she was standing in front of me with that famous smile on her face I felt like a magician in that moment it was like the mere thought of her made her appear and I couldn't be any more happier about that.

I looked around the semi packed shop before looking back at her " You want to dance here right in the middle of the coffee shop where we'll be seen " I looked at her puzzled. I wasn't the one for being seen nor noticed the background is where I belonged it was where I preferred to be.

She just smiled a little bit more before reaching her hand out " Yes right here in the middle of the coffee shop where you deserve to be seen "

I looked from her to her hand before placing mines into it " I'm sorry but I have to go " I lowly mumbled causing Normani to firmly grip onto my hand " I'm willing to pay any amount of money your time is worth " She spoke holding that same charming smile " Just one dance then you're free to go "

I looked into her eyes afraid to blink scared she would disappear for this felt like a dream. I lift myself from my chair and just stood there allowing her to lead the way to the middle of the shop floor. She pulled me in close before intertwining our hands together I took in her scent trying to figure out what it could be but then I realized it was just a scent of an angle.

I looked around at a few people looking at us causing me to tense up " Just close your eyes " she whispered " Imagine it's just us here and no-one else " I did just that instantly relaxing.

I started back humming the song that was still playing just for her to follow me " You like music like this " I lowly asked with my eyes still closed she pulled me closer like I was the answer " Yes " she lowly mumbled " It expresses how you feel without actually saying it sorta like you with your poems " she pulled my hands closer to her chest allowing me to feel her heartbeat.

I closed my eyes tighter not wanting this moment to end " can you feel when I'm watching you " she asked swaying us back and forth not bothering to answer because she clearly already knew the answer " Because I can feel when you're watching me "

I still didn't say anything I just swayed away taking in every second she brought me closer before cringing her neck up causing me to open my eyes to look down at the shorter girl " Are you okay " she asked with that same smile causing me to take a deep breath. " how can I not be alright, at the sight of such a breathtaking smile you seem to process? " I slowly closed my eyes back thinking to myself while feeling her heartbeat. I bashed in the moment for a few more minutes before realizing that I had to go.

She walked me back to the table and watched me gather my things " I'll see you around " she spoke once we exited the shop I gave her a gentle smile before turning to go my separate way.

This is the song that their humming dancing to.