Chapter 13

Sometimes I wonder, is it possible, in the future, maybe thousands, or even millions years from now on, there would be no war.

In our era, war is everything. War was the one who brought glories and riches to every nations, the pillar that holds every nations safety and life.

My blood was boiling for war, the excitement rushed in me. I wonder how my enemies looked like. Are they handsome? Young? Old? Muscular, bear like? Or maybe lithe and agile, the type of enemies I didn't like the most. Catching up with fast and agile people in a fight was hard.

We settled near a river just outside Tehinnya. According to our messenger, the king of Tehinnya was set to claimed our defeat. If we lose this war, Theondre would have to kneeled in front of the old king, in the face of every people of Tehinnya.

The thoughts makes my blood boiled. Theondre's pride is on the line, and I will protected it with all my heart.

And today was the day. We'll attack, and so does the Tehinnya armies.

We are all gathered, ready to war. None of us rode our horses yet, too busy praying to the gods for our victory.

My heart was beating so hard. I am nervous, I have to admitted that. I was afraid. What if I failed miserably? What If I forgot everything I have trained for... The moment we stepped into the war zone?

"Nervous?" A warm, deep voice asked me. I opened my eyes, finding Theondre's eyes looking at me with concerns.

"Pardon my son, your majesty. He's a little cowardly" My father said, laughing with his companions. He's drunk. But that's no surprise. Even General Saree... And other warriors that were more experienced than me drank their wine before going for war.

"Your son, general Marduc, is the bravest man I've ever know" Theondre answered sternly, successfully making my father and his companions went quiet.

Theondre smiled, leaning to me to kiss my lips, making me gasps, shocked.

He was kissing me in front of all the soldiers.

In front of my father.

Theondre pulled away, grinning. "You'll be okay" he said, before turning away, walking through the jaw dropped croud.

Heat founds its way to my cheeks, and I climbed my horse, pretending no one sees me getting a kiss from the king.

"Well" It was my father's voice... "I didn't know you're the type who sleep your way up, son" he mocked.

I glared at him, but I didn't said anything. It's pointless trying to explained things to those who wasn't raised with a heart big enough to understand.

It doesn't took so long for us to get into each of our position. The first attack would be a total ambush. Arrows wouldn't fly until we arrived in the outer part of Tehinnya, the city of Cadzah.

The order was simple : Kill everyone, and everyone. Take what we could take. No mercy.

There will be the Tehinnya's soldier protecting the gates, and they would be our main problem. But our messenger assured us that we outnumbered them, and certainly we have better weapons.

Our catapult will sent fireballs to the walls, destroying it before we marched our way in.

And then the horn bearer blows the horn three times.

And we screamed, as we rode our horses to the walls, the exact same time as our catapults sent their fireballs, hitting the walls like spoons against cream, destroying the outer walls immediately.