20 questions

This seems kind of a lame chapter name but I think y'all will enjoy it!
_________________________
"Would you stop looking at me like that!" Maya snapped playfully at Riley as she was putting her phone on charge. Riley laughed.

Josh had gone back to his room to let Maya change into her pajamas. They had both agreed that they were going to meet up in his room and hang out while getting to know each other.

"I want details in the morning." Riley teased making Maya roll her eyes.

"All we are doing is sitting and talking. That's it there's nothing else involved." Maya told her. Riley laughed.

"You keep telling yourself that." Maya threw her jacket at Riley before she left the room and made her way to Josh's. She knocked on the door only for it to be immediately opened.

"Hey, common in." Josh said as he stepped aside to let her in before closing the door behind them.

"I love what you've done with the place." Maya teased as she looked around to see clothes and accessories thrown everywhere. Josh laughed as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah I um, haven't really had the time to unpack." He said making Maya chuckle. "Here." He said as he threw all the clothes that was on his futon onto his bed.

"Thanks." She laughed before siting down. Josh sat down beside her at a respectable distance before he started talking again.

"So this is going to sound pretty childish. But I was thinking that we could play 20 questions." Josh said making Maya smile.

"Not childish. I mean as long as you ask the right questions." Maya said. Josh nodded his head.

"Okay. Ladies first." He motioned for her to go first. Maya had to bite back her tongue to ask the question that was on her mind.

"If you could, what would you be doing right now?" The question seemed innocent. Maya don't want to come out and bring up the topic of his family. Josh took a deep breath as he was thinking.

"Either a lawyer or FBI." He admitted. Maya's eyes widened in shock.

"Really?" She asked a smile creeping on her face.

"I always loved the thought of fighting crime. When I was younger I begged my parents to put me in MMA so I could learn how to defend myself and that it would help with my training. Finally after I turned ten they signed me up with classes. I got really good at it. After my first year of collage I was planning of switching my schedule around so I could possible get an internship with the FBI, but things don't alway turn out the way you want." Josh explained making Maya stare at him in awe.

"Well, Maybe that dream isn't too far off." She said Josh smiled and nodded at the ground before returning his attention to Maya.

"So stop me if I'm crossing a line." He said making Maya nod in confusion. "What's the deal with your dad? I mean your biological dad. Shawn's told me a little bit but he never went into detail." Josh asked. Maya sighed and looked away from him while fiddling with her bracelet that she had on.

"When I was six my dad told me and my mom that he was going for a walk, that was the last time I ever saw him again. The next day we were getting served divorce papers. He never called, never wrote, emailed, texted. We didn't hear from him again until word broke in our family that he was getting remarried to a woman that he got pregnant. A little girl." Josh's fist clenched at that. He could hear the pain in Maya's voice.

"So he still didn't try to contact you." He stated more than he asked. Maya shook her head.

"Nope. He was to busy changing diapers and singing his other kid to sleep at night to even think about me. He called on my thirteenth birthday and I refused to talk to him. I wrote him a bunch of times and he never wrote back. After a while I just gave up trying to mend things between us. When I was fourteen Shawn came into our lives. He was the first person to recognize that I loved singing. He helped me get where I'm at today. Then at sixteen he married my mom and now here we are at eighteen. Still not a single word from my dad." Josh shook his head.

"I'm so sorry Maya." He said making her smile and shake her head.

"It's not your fault. You had nothing to do with it." She said shaking her head. Josh shook his head.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have to had go through the that." Josh said seriously. Maya shook her head.

"We all have our history. It's what makes us who we are." She stated. Josh smiled and nodded his head. "Alright so we might as well get to the juicy stuff. Girlfriend?" She asked him making him immediately start to laugh.

"Me with a girlfriend, yeah that's rich. Back in New York I barley had enough money to pay the rent, a girlfriend was not on my schedule." Josh admitted making Maya chuckle. Suddenly Josh scooted a lot closer to Maya to where they were now sitting shoulder to shoulder.

"What about you? Who's the lucky guy?" Josh asked. Maya blushed at how close they were.

"I don't have a boyfriend, remember it's bad for my image." Maya told him. Josh nodded his head.

"I remember. But just because Larry doesn't know about it doesn't mean it don't happen." Josh said in a raspy voice as he looked down at Maya's lips and then back up at her. Maya grinned.

"Yeah but there's paparazzi everywhere. There's no way I could get away with it." Maya said having a feeling that it wasn't just her they were talking about. Josh leaned in a little hit closer.

"I don't know. I guess you would have to be extremely careful." Maya tilted her head a little and smiled. Suddenly their faces were inches apart.

"This is a bad idea." Maya said but she made no movement to move. Josh mumbled.

"Extremely." He said as he moved closer. "We should probably stop." He said. Maya nodded.

"Probably. I don't want to though." She said as she moved her hand on his arm. Josh smiled as he shook his head.

"Neither do I." And with that the distance between them was closed and their lips were on each other's.
_________________________
How you like dem apples?! Just kidding! Tell me what y'all think is going to happen next!