Record Labels

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this virus quarantine. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you guys!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning both Josh and Maya were on pens and needles as they ate breakfast at the table. They were due at the recording studio in an hour and they had no idea what would be waiting on them when they walked through the door.

Both of them were quiet as they are their pancakes. Maya hadn't been able to sleep as she thought all night about if Larry had noticed her and Josh. She worried even more if he decided to get the cd and listen to it.

Josh had been kept up by something completely different. The kiss that him and Maya shared had haunted his dreams all through out the night. He wanted to much to talk to Maya about it, what it had meant. But he didnt think now was the time, he looked up and noticed that Maya was barely even eating. He sighed as he pushed the pancakes around with his fork. He would have to wait until later.

"Whats the matter with you two?" Shawn asked as he looked over his plate at them. "You haven't touched any of your food."

"Sorry, were just nervous for today." Maya said as she looked up at Shawn and smiled.

"That's right! The big reveal is today, isn't it?" Katy asked. "When the label gets to hear your album for the first time?" Maya took a deep breath and nodded. "Well good luck, baby girl!" Katy exclaimed.

"So I get why she's nervous, but why is he nervous?" Shawn asked as he pointed from Maya to Josh.

"Josh has been helping Maya with her album." Auggie stated as he took a big bite out of his pancakes. Everyone turned and looked at him. "What?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I notice things."

"Auggie's right. I'm just nervous about this whole thing." Josh told them. Maya looked up and smiled at him, but Josh didnt look at her.

"Well you two better get going. You're going to be late." Katy said. Josh and Maya got up from their seats as Riley gave them moth reassuring smiles.

"Good luck!" She exclaimed. "Farkle will be here when you get back, Maya." Riley smiled. Maya let out a breath of relief.

"Great!" She exclaimed. Just knowing she was going to have her best friend there seemed to make the nerves disappear a little.

Josh and Maya got to the recording studio in ten minutes time. Maya kept on babbling about how excited and nervous she was, then she was asking Josh what he thought about last night and them breaking into Larry's house. Wondering if he thought he had caught them.

Josh spent the entire drive just giving her short answers, humming at her in acknowledgement. Once he parked the car Maya took a deep breath.

"Here we go." She said as she looked over at Josh. "Are you okay?" She asked him. Josh just nodded his head.

"Yep." He turned the car off and got out. Maya frowned a little as she got out as well and waited for him to come stand by her.

"Are you sure? You haven't said two words all morning." She stated. Josh sighed as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Let's wait till after your meeting. You've got five minutes before you're deemed officially late." He told her. Maya just nodded her head before she walked to the door. Before she walked through she turned to look at Josh and tilted her head.

"You will tell me whats bothering you, right?" She asked him. Josh just nodded his head. Maya gave him a brief smile before she walked in, Josh right behind her.

"Ah yes, there's my star!" Larry exclaimed as he came over to Maya and put an arm around her. The two guys that were in the room were obviously from the record label. Maya smiled at them as she felt her nerves get the best of her.

"Alright well now that we're all here, you dont mind if we get started?" One of the guys asked. Larry pulled out the cd from his briefcase and handed it to them. Josh and Maya shared nervous glances.

"You wont believe this, I get woken up last night at around three in the morning by this crash in my house. I get up to see two people trying to make a run for it!" Maya's face falls and Josh shakes his head at her, telling her to keep it together. "So naturally I call the police, but my security cameras go off during that time! How crazy is that! The police said that they were probably after money and thay they got spooked when they knocked down the statue. There wasnt anything out of place! So I just let it go, but I'm updating my security!" Larry rambled on until one of the guys stood up and held out his hand.

"Can we just get on with it, please?" He asked him. Larry nodded his head enthusiastically.

"Of course, of couse." He stated. Josh and Maya sat down in two chairs and both sighed in releif. But they knew they werent out of the woods yet.

One of the guys put in the cd, and they all sat down as the music started playing. Larry knew right off the bat that this wasnt the cd that he had created. Maya avoided eye contact with him as he watched them both with a glare in his eye. Josh couldnt help but glare back, he placed a hand on Maya's knee from under the table so that nobody could see it, but he wanted to support Maya through this.

For fourty minutes Larry sat glaring at Josh and Maya as the two men from the label bobbed their head to the music. Maya couldnt help but smile at the thought of the label liking her music, at least she hoped they were liking it.

Once the cd was over the two men shared a smile before they took the cd out of the player and back in the cd case. One of them put it into their suit jacket pocket and stood up to speak with Larry.

"Amazing, absolutely incredible." He said. Maya and Josh both shared a smile as Larry looked shocked.

"It is?" He asked them. The guys smiled.

"You young lady are going to be huge." One man said as he pointed towards Maya.

"Absolutley incredible. We look forward to working with you. Enjoy the world tour." The other one winked at her before they shook Larry's hand and walked out the door.

Josh and Maya stood up and neither of them could help but hug each other tightly.

"Congratulations, you did it." Josh smiled at her.

"We did it." She corrected.

"You both did it." Larry's voice boomed over them. Josh and Maya both tunred and looked at the fuming man in front of them.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________