Suspicions

Enjoy!
_______________________________
Maya could not contain the smile on her face. From the time she left Josh's room to get ready it was like the smile on her face was painted on and there was no getting it off.

She went to go get ready for the day in her room and Riley was sitting down waiting on her. Maya looked at her and tried to contain the smile but failed miserably.

"Spill. Now." Riley demanded. Maya laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Maya said as she went to her closet.

"Bull turkey!" Riley exclaimed making Maya look at her and laugh even harder.

"I'm pretty sure turkey doesn't come from Bulls." Maya said making Riley roll her eyes.

"Common tell me what happened!" Riley said practically jumping up and down.

"Nothing. We talked until like one in the morning and I didn't want to wake you up so he offered me his bed and he slept on the futon. That's it." Maya said. Riley raised her eyebrow.

"Then what's with the smile?" Riley asked. Maya scoffed.

"What a girl can't be happy for no reason in the morning?" Maya asked as she grabbed a pair of nice jeans from her closet.

"Not when she just came from spending the night with a guy in his room." Riley said smiling. Maya turned away from Riley to hide her blush.

"Nothing happened." Maya said as she got the rest of her outfit put together.

"I don't believe you!" Riley yelled at Maya as Maya went into the bathroom and closed the door.
~
"Morning Josh! Do you where Maya has been this morning?" Katy asked as she was sitting pancakes down on the table. Josh shook his head.

"No, I figured she had slept in or something." Josh lied smoothly as he took a seat at the table.

"You and Maya heading out early this morning?" Shawn asked as he noticed Josh was dressed today at breakfast rather than getting ready after.

"Oh um yeah, we figured we'd get an early start." Josh said starting to get nervous at the looks that Shawn was giving him.

"That's a little dressy for just the studio, don't ya think?" Shawn asked him again but before Josh could give an answer Katy interrupted.

"Shawn leave him alone." Katy said giving him a look. Shawn gave her one back before shutting his mouth and eating his food. Suddenly Riley came into the room and joined them at the table.

"Maya's in the shower getting ready she'll be down to eat in little bit." Riley explained as she grabbed the syrup.

"The shower?" Shawn asked making Riley smirk at him.

"Yeah Shawn, it's this thing where you stand in a tub and water comes down on you so you can clean yourself." She spoke sassy.

"Riley." Josh called her down making Riley sigh before going back to her food. "Apologize." He whispered to her with a stern look making Riley roll her eyes before looking up at Shawn.

"I'm sorry." She said as she played with a piece of her pancake with her fork. Shawn sighed before leaning back in his chair and giving Riley a slight smile.

"So where's Auggie?" Katy asked making Josh look at Riley.

"He's getting dressed as well. I tried to help him but he says he wants to feel "independent."" Riley said putting quotation marks around the word independent. Josh chuckled before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"I should go check on him." Josh said before getting up and going to Auggies room. Truth be told he just wanted a reason to get away from Shawn's looks he was giving him every few seconds.

"Uncle Josh I think I have this backwards." Auggie said as Josh came into the door. And sure enough Auggie had on his sweater backwards.

"It's 90 degrees outside why are you wearing a sweater?" Josh asked amused as he took it off of his nephew and looked around for a t shirt.

"I found an old picture of daddy when he was Riley's age. I wanted to dress like him." Auggie whispered making Josh's heart melt. He looked at his nephew sadly and sighed.

"Here. We'll put this in your backpack and you can take it to school with you." Josh said as he opened Auggie's backpack and put the sweater inside. Auggie smiled content with that answer. Josh sighed as he grabbed a t shirt from off Auggie's bed and squatted down to his height. "Look kiddo, I know things have been hard on you these past couple of years, but I think a lot of good can come out of staying with Shawn. But I want you to know if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone about anything, I'm always here." Josh said. Auggie nodded his head before putting his shirt on with the help of Josh.

"Hey Josh? Don't tell Maya, but I think she's really pretty." Auggie said making Josh smile huge and laugh.

"Hey Augs? Don't tell Maya, but I think she's really pretty too." Josh admitted making Auggie laugh and nod his head. "Common lets go get you some breakfast." Josh said as he finished helping Auggie get ready before grabbing his backpack and heading out the door.

"Maya and I can take you guys to school on our way to the studio." Josh said as him and Auggie got to the table. Riley nodded her head while Shawn cringed at the usage of the words 'Maya and I'

"Fine with me. But don't you think you should ask Maya?" Riley smirked.

"Ask me what?" Maya asked as she came into the room and grabbed a cup to pour some orange juice.

"Is it cool with you if we take them to school before we head to the studio?" Josh asked her. Maya smiled.

"Cool with me." She answered. For the rest of breakfast Josh and Maya would glance up at each other and smile thinking that they were being subtle about it. They couldn't be more wrong. Both Riley and Shawn noticed their behavior.

"Alright guys lets go!" Maya said as everyone started to get up and grab their stuff.

"Maya don't forget that you have your on schooling to do when you get home tonight!" Katy called after her. Maya just nodded before saying goodbye to them and walking out the door with the others.

"I'll drive." Josh said as he cut Maya off from getting in the drivers seat. Maya laughed.

"You don't even know where the school is." She teased making him shrug his shoulders.

"I'm sure you'll guide me in just the right direction." Josh answered.

"Flattering. But I'm still not convinced." Maya spoke as Josh leaned closer.

"I'll pay for lunch." He said Maya laughed.

"You're getting warmer." She said. Josh put his hand on Maya's hand to grab the keys when someone cleared their throat. Josh and Maya turned towards a smirking Riley and a very impatient Auggie.

"Can we leave now?" Auggie asked.

"Um, yea go ahead and get in your seat." Josh said as Auggie opened the car door and crawled inside.

"Nothing happened, yeah right." Riley scoffed as she got in beside Auggie. Both Josh and Maya blushed before Josh held his hand out and Maya put the keys in his hand.
_______________________________
I feel like I have been abandoning my stories lately and I want to apologize for that.