Overrated

So because it's been forever since I've updated I'm going to go ahead and update again today to make up for it.
_______________________________
"Wrong wrong wrong!" Larry said as he interrupted Maya singing in the studio. He opened the door and went in to where she was recording.

"What's wrong with it now?" She asked while sighing. They had been at the all day. Maya recording something she liked and Larry hating on it. She was starting to get fed up with her manager.

"It's so retro and old school." Larry shuddered in disgust. Maya rolled her eyes.

"We maybe that's how I like it." She argued with him making him raise his eyebrows.

"Maybe but it's now how your fans like it." He said as he took the sheet paper off of her stand.

"What makes you think that? You know if we tried something different for a single and test it out with the fans I bet we would get a huge response!" Maya told him making him shake his head.

"Nope it's to risky. People love the music that you got going on now. Don't ruin that Maya."  He said as he started to walk out the door.

"You know I don't have to listen to you. If I wanted to I could go ahead and turn my single into the record label and see if they like it." Maya said as she placed her hands on her hips. Larry laughed as he turned around and put his hand on her microphone to keep anyone from hearing them on the outside of the recording booth.

"Let me remind you that I will drop you. I'll make it to where nobody will ever want Maya Hunter in their company. I have great power, have friends in high up places. Do not make me use it Ms. Hunter." Maya swallowed hard as she kept having a stare off with Larry. Finally she sighed and looked away from him and down to the ground.

"Good choice." He said smiling. Suddenly he glanced over at Josh who was standing near the sound booth door waiting for Maya to give him the okay to come in. "And don't think I haven't noticed the way you and your bodyguard have been looking at each other since you've gotten here today. I hope that you have sense enough to tell him that you're not interested. I don't want to have to take matters into my own hands." And with that he took his hand off the mic and left the recording booth which made Josh take his cue to come in. Maya motioned for one of the sound guys to turn off the booth before she talked to Josh.

"What happened? What did he say to you?" He demanded to know. Maya sighed before running a hand through her hair.

"I can't talk about it here. Let's just ca it a day." Maya said as she placed her head phones on the mic an started ok get her stuff together. Josh shook his head.

"Maya tell me what he said to you. Do I need to say something?" He asked her making Maya laugh and shake her head.

"No that would just make things worse. Look I'll tell you all about it while we're eating lunch." She said as she put her backpack on and left the recording booth with Josh on her tale. "I'm calling it a day. I think we both need to calm down." Maya said while she glared at Larry. Larry rolled his eyes.

"Fine. You have a meet and greet at the mall this Saturday from 11 to 1 pm. Josh this will be your first job as a bodyguard. Get there a few hours early and I'll explain what you have to do." Larry explained. Josh nodded his head and bit back his tongue so he wouldn't say anything that could cause Maya trouble.

"Fine. See you Saturday." Maya said as she opened the door and left the room and eventually the building. 

"Now can you tell me what happened?" Josh asked as they were now in the car and leaving for lunch. Maya sighed.

"He just reminded me of why my opinion doesn't matter when it comes to my career." Maya said as she shook her head. Josh looked at her sadly. "I just wish I could be normal. Go to public school with my friends, parties instead of late night sessions on Saturday nights. I want to be a teenager while I still can." Maya admitted while leaning her head on the window. Josh grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together.

"Normals overrated." He stated making her laugh.

"Easy for you to say. You have a normal life." She said shaking her head. Josh sighed before biting his lip.

"Not necessarily. If my life was normal I would be in my junior year of college right now studying to go into the FBI. I would be going home for dinner on weekends with my parents and I wouldn't have the weight of carrying two other human beings on my shoulders. Life doesn't always give us what we feel like we deserve." Josh said making Maya sigh.

"I'm sorry Josh. Here I am going off about how bad my life is when you're over here having to raise to kids at the age of 21. You should be venting to me not the other way around." Maya said kicking herself for being selfish.

"Maya you have every right to be upset about your life. But what you should remember is that you have two parents who love you and would do anything for you. Even if it meant moving out of a three story house and downgrading back to an apartment. You should think about that." Josh said making Maya bite her lip.

"I hate it when other people are right and I'm not." She said as she poked out her bottom lip and began pouting. Josh chuckled.

"Comes with the age." He said making Maya hit his shoulder playfully.

"Hey Josh." She said making him look over at her. "Age is overrated."
_______________________________
I'm starving so I'm going to go eat a sandwich now. I hope you enjoyed that chapter!!