Riley and Lucas

This will be the last update for a couple of weeks.
____________________________
Finally Maya got loose of Josh and walked into her and Riley's room before shutting the door. Riley was sat at the bay window with her leg shaking up and down nervously. Maya narrowed her eyebrows at the look on Riley's face.

"What's up?" She asked as she made her way over to where Riley was and sat down beside her. Riley sighed as she bit her lip.

"I have this boyfriend, his name is Lucas. Well, after I told him that we had to move he suggested that maybe we take a break and use the time that we will have away from each other to try and figure out what we both want in life. So I agreed, I think that was part of my hatred for Josh for making us move out here. I thought things were fine between us, we talked every night after we moved and we face timed. But then just last week he stopped. He wouldn't answer my phone calls, text messages, or face time. So I called his best friend Zay and he told me that he had met this other girl and had been hanging out with her a lot." Riley had started to cry at the end of her explanation. Maya closed her eyes and put her arms around her.

"I'm so sorry, Riley." Maya told her. She didn't really know what to say, she had never been through this before.

"I mean, I can't really be mad at him because we're technically not together anymore." Riley said as she pulled back away from Maya.

"But it still hurts." Maya guessed. Riley nodded before completely falling apart in Maya's arms.

"I don't know what to do. It hurts so much!" Riley cried. Maya started to tear up as she held the girl that she had began to get so close to over the past few weeks.

"It will be okay. Maybe it's not as bad as it looks." Maya tried to give her some optimism but Riley shook her head as she pulled away again.

"Zay said it looked pretty serious. They've been going to the movies after school and hanging out by her locker. Apparently she's been trying to get his attention ever since news dropped that I was leaving and we were breaking up. I tried calling him after talking to Zay but he just sends me straight to voicemail." Riley stated as she wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt.

"Well maybe it's not for a long period of time. Maybe he took you moving so hard that he just feels like he has to move on until you get back. As bad as it sounds, this girl could just be a place holder." Maya said causing a small bead of hope to go through Riley's eyes.

"You think?" She asked softly. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"I know you Riley, and I know that when someone meets you and builds a relationship with you it's hard to not think about you a lot. I may not know Lucas but I dare him to say that you're not on his mind every day." Riley smiled as she grabbed Maya's hand and interlocked their fingers together.

"Thanks Maya." She told her. Then she started to tear up again. "But what of what Zay is saying is true? What if I go back to New York permanently and he still wants to be with her and not me?" Riley whispers. Maya swallowed hard before squeezing Riley's hand.

"Then it's his loss. Riley, you'll find someone better than Lucas who treats you better than you ever thought someone could. Lucas will be too busy trying to replace you until one day he'll wake up and see that there is nobody like you, and he threw away the real thing because he didn't have the patience enough to wait." Riley smiled before she hugged Maya again.

"In a way I'm kind of glad that we moved here. Because if we hadn't then I wouldn't have met you." Maya smiled as she clutched onto Riley harder.

"Have you told Zay that you're coming to New York this summer?" Maya asked. Riley pulled away and shook her head.

"After what he told me about Lucas I didn't really feel like chit chatting. I told him I had to go and then I immediately came and got you." Riley said. Maya nodded her head and looked at the ground. "You know what sucks? Lucas and I were best friends before we took the step into dating. Then Zay moved from Texas where Lucas had previously lived so that he could be back with his best friend. We all three became very close. Now that Lucas and I are broken it's going to be really hard to stay friends, and I know that because Zay is Lucas's best friend that he will stay with Lucas and I'll probably loose both friendships." Riley had started to tear up again. She loved and cherished her friendships with both Lucas and Zay. Now that all was probably gone.

"Hey, you got me." Maya told her causing Riley to smile. "And you know what? I'm supposed to hang out with a couple of my friends tomorrow. Why don't you come with us? You can meet some new people and I promise they will love you and I think you'll really love them." Riley smiled at the thought.

"They're your friends though, I can't intrude on that." Riley told her. Maya shook her head.

"You're not. They are my friends but so are you. And I'm inviting my friend to come hang with me tomorrow." Maya clarified. Riley smiled and nodded her head.

"I would like that." She admitted. Maya smiled.

"Good. Now I need to probably get back to Josh and spend a little more time with him before my parents get home." Maya said before she stood up.

"Hey, Maya?" Riley asked. Maya looked over her shoulder. "Thanks." Maya smiled before nodding her head and walking out of the room.
_______________________________
Well there you go! Just out of curiosity, can you guys see the change that I'm about to make yet?