Aplogizing and Crazy Fans

It had been a couple of days since the whole fight between Maya and Josh had happened and they both had been avoiding each other. But it had also given them a lot of time to think as well.

After Maya had calmed down she had started to put herself in Josh shoes and wonder what it was like for him. The more she thought about it the more she started to hate herself for how over the top she acted at Circus Burger. She knew their were still a lot of things she was right about, but she also knew there were a lot of stuff she was wrong about as well. And because of those things she owes Josh as much of an apology as he did her. She let her temper get the better of her and almost ruin her friendship with Josh... Or whatever the heck was going on between them.

It was now 7 in the morning on the Saturday of the fan meet and greet, AKA, Josh's first real bodyguard job. Maya was in her room putting on her shoes while trying to figure out a way to talk to Josh. She needed to so that they would be okay again and that things wouldn't be awkward between them during the signing.

"Hey." Maya looked up at her door and sighed as she saw who it was. She wasn't going to lie, she didn't think he'd be the one to make the first move.

"Hey." She responded as she leaned back into a sitting position from tying up her boots.

"Can we talk for a minute before we head out?" He asked scratching the back of his head nervously. Maya hesitated as she looked at the clock. "It will only take a minute, I swear." Josh said as he noticed her movement. Maya gave a small smile and nodded her head.

"Sure." She answered making him crack a small smile as well. He walked into her room and sat down in her desk chair at a respectable distance.

"I just wanted to say that I've been doing a lot of thinking and..." He started as he shook his head and trailed off. Maya bit her lip as she waited for him to continue. Finally he sighed as he fully let go of his ego and looked up at her to meet her eyes. "Look there was a lot of stuff that you said the other day that hit home. And the only reason I got mad is because I thought I hid things so well and nobody ever questioned it because... I don't know why they never questioned it. But you, someone who hasn't known me but for a very short amount of time, can all of a sudden pick up what I'm feeling like she's been doing it her whole life. I don't know it just scares me because I've only known you for a short time and I already feel things that I've never felt before and that scares me." Josh struggled to get through what he was trying to say. "I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry for being a jerk and I should have never yelled at you for only thinking about what was best for me, ever since my family died I haven't had anyone to do that except Shawn and I just forgot what it felt like." He chuckled as he remembered his mom and how she would always make sure he had his scarf on in the the fall weather of Philadelphia even when he was an adult.

"I don't know Maya. I like you, I really really like you. That's what scares me, I want to be with you and I want to get to know you better and you get to know me. It's nice to finally meet someone who likes me for me and not for what I can do or what I look like. You get me and that scares me." Josh finished his speech with a look of relief and worry. Maya couldn't believe that he had said all of that to her. They had already established that they liked each other but for him to just lay his heart on the line like this, it was a bit much.

"Well, say something." Josh practically begged her. "please anything." Maya couldn't speak. She didn't know what to say. After a few more seconds of silence, feeling rejected Josh got up out of the desk chair and started walking out of the room. "Forget I said anything." He told her. That was really hard for him to get out and for her to sit there and say nothing was a big slap to the face.

"No, wait Josh!" She found her voice as she called after him. Josh sighed as he stopped walking and turned around with a broken look on his face. "I- I don't know what to say." She said feeling overwhelmed. Josh shrugged his shoulders.