Boiling Point

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I hope y'all enjoy this next chapter!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Work was brutal for Josh that day. His boss has been making him earn his job back by giving him some of the worst classes that they gym had. The most obnoxious, rude people that came to the gym regularly.

Two classes into the day and Josh was ready to beat someone, mainly one sixteen year old kid in particular that was questioning everything that Josh told them to do. He was so fed up, that he was ready to walk out.

He thought about everything that Andrew had told him. He thought about everything that he had said to Andrew. Josh was only buzzed last night, he only had one beer but he was such a lightweight that it was enough.

Josh mainly felt disgusted with himself. He hated alcohol. After his family had died in that crash, he had sworn that he would never drink again. Only having a few drinks from different parties that he had gone to, but nothing major.

He had spent so much time over the last two years talking with Riley and Auggie about alcohol and the tolls that it could take on you. He was just so angry last night that he felt like he needed something to help him through the pain, but it only made it worse. He wished nothing more than to be able to go back in time and take it all back.

He was so confused. Everything was so jumbled in his head that he had no idea where to put it all. Andrew was right, if he wanted to get to the bottom of all of his questions than he would have to seek them out himself. And that was exactly what he intended on doing.

"Josh. A word." His boss had said as he came into the gym and motioned Josh over with his head. Josh looked over at some of his co-workers, who just shrugged their shoulders as it to tell him they had no idea what he needed.

Josh took off the wraps on his wrists and zipped up his bag before walking towards his boss's office. He opened the door and walked in to see his boss already sitting down behind his desk and waiting on him.

"What's up?" Josh asked as he closed the door and came to sit down in the chair in front of the office. His boss sighed and stared at him.

"I have about two complaints on you from the last class you taught. One sixteen year old kid and his mother." Josh rolled his eyes.

"You mean the loud mouthed and his mama bear." Josh confirmed. His boss glared at him. And Josh rolled his eyes. He was so over this place.

"They're valid complaints, Josh. You were snappy, you weren't very patient, you didn't explain things very well-"

"I was snappy because they were rude, I wasn't patient because they were questioning everything I was trying to show them, and I did explain things very well, but they already had it made up in their minds that this was so below them. So excuse me if I got a little snappy, or impatient." Josh snapped. His boss's eyes narrowed.

"You need to watch your tone." He told him as he pointed his finger at Josh. "You're lucky I even let you come back. I could have given your job to anyone else." He stated. Josh wasn't in the mood.

"Then why didn't you? Why didn't you give my job to someone else, after all it wasn't my job anymore. If you didn't want to give me my job back then you shouldn't have. Because I don't enjoy feeling like I have some kind of debt to someone, especially if that someone is someone like you!" Josh got out of his chair and was glaring at him.

"Do you realize who you are speaking to?" His boss also raised out of his chair, glaring at Josh. "I'm your boss!"

"Not anymore." Josh shook his head. "I've just spent the last six months of my life having to please certain people where my job is concerned, and I'm not going down that road again! I quit!" He turned around and burst out of the office door. He walked over to where his stuff was and and took the strap of the bag and lifted it over his shoulder. He walked out the door, ignoring his co-workers asking what happened.

He slammed his car door shut as he showed up at Andrews apartment. He didn't even bother getting his stuff out of the trunk, he just parked the car and got out, still leaving the keys in the ignition. He walked up to the front door and walked into the apartment.

Andrew rose his head up from the couch as Josh slammed the door closed. He watched as Josh walked back into his borrowed bedroom and started hearing things slam in the room. Andrew turned the tv off and got up to go follow him.

"Hey," he said. "What's with all the banging?" He asked him. Josh was shoving clothes and items into duffle bags. Rushing around the room in anger.

"I have to go. I have to get out of here." Josh told him as he kept packing.

"What are you talking about?" Andrew asked him. His eyes followed Josh around the room.

"I need answers." He stated. "You were right, I need to understand, I need to know."

"Josh, you're not making much sense." Andrew said, he was starting to get concerned.

"I need to go see some people. I need to make them help me understand everything." Josh told him as he zipped up his bags. Andrew started to understand.

"Oh, what about your job?" Andrew asked him. Josh shook his head.

"I quit. There was so much that happened-and it's kind of a long story." Josh told him. He turned around and faced Andrew for the first time since coming home. "Thank you, for letting me stay here. I might be back in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to find the answers to all my questions."

Without another word, Josh walked past Andrew and out of the apartment. He put his bags into his car and got in, drove off without another word.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Until next time!