( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 26: Accompany you say?

I can't think of any other title. Short chapter. Grammatical errors and other stuffs :3

Chapter 26:

~~~

"1 and 2, 3, then elegant twirl. Back to promenade position. Left and 2, 3, 4 then second position..." Nona-sensei, our instructor, gave out orders as she clapped her hands to the beat of the music.

It was monday today and only two more days before our final exams. We were currently having our dance practice in physical education in preparation for our practical on the end of the week. But somehow, my mind isn't cooperating with me.

"You're too busy to the point you even forget about other things. You should know the effect of what you're doing to the people around you, Aihana." 

Akashi's words from last saturday repeated in my head over and over again as I steal unnoticeable glances at the redhead, who was partnered up with my best friend. After that phone call, I tried calling him back but it seemed that he turned off his phone after that. Everything about him looked normal this morning but somehow, it also felt different which made me unease.

 "Ouch," a low but audibled cry brought me back to reality. Blinking in surprise, I gazed at the reason why the male in front of me hissed, only to see that I accidentally stepped on his foot. Again. "Oops. Sorry," I quickly apologized and moved away.

My partner cringed for a moment before covering it up with a faint chuckle, "It's fine," he tried to ease my worry before taking a seat on one of the desk that were pushed to the sides of our classroom to rest.  Some of my classmate's eyes focused on us for causing a commotion.

"What's the matter there?" sensei asked as she head towards where we stood. After seeing my partner's state, she understood what happened, "Hakino-san," she shook her head. "Your mind is off somewhere again, isn't it? That's the fifteenth time you stepped on your partner's feet today," sensei pointed out.

"S-sorry," I bit the inside of my bottom lip. "If you keep on stepping on your partner's poor feet, you might injure him," sensei sighed before calling a break for us to take a rest and for me to clear my mind.

"You're all going to perform by partners at the end of the week so please focus. Your ratings in the practical will be recorded as your exam, okay?" she announced in which everyone in class nodded.

When practice resumed, I was still a bit off but pretty much better than before. By the end of class, Nona-sensei gave out the steps for each partner to memorize just in time with the bell ring signaling lunch time.

~~~

"We only have 2 weeks left before this school year is over so please do study hard for the final exams. I don't want any of you failing my subject, understood?" our math teacher reminded us as she walks towards the door. "Hai~" we all answered in union before the dismissal bell rang.

While everyone was busy fixing their things, I simply sat back to my chair. "You're not going home yet, Aihana-chan?" Nika asked as she shoved her notes inside her bag. "Nah. What about you?" I questioned back. "Well, I need to go somewhere," she answered cheerfully, closing her bag afterwards.

"Take care then," I smiled as she head to the door. "You too. See you tomorrow. Bye," she waved as she walked out. Right after Nika disappeared by the door, a familiar pretty boy took a peek inside. When his aquamarine eyes landed on me, he displayed a smile and walked inside with his bag swung on his shoulder.