Do I? - Ponyboy

*Base off of the Song: Do I, by Luke Bryan.*

Ponyboy's POV

Y/N and I have been drifting apart lately. We have been together since we were 16 years old, and it doesn't feel like it use to. When we younger, everything seemed better. Now we hardly talk. We force ourselves to talk to each other. We force ourselves to hug. Everything seems forced. We  hardly talk now, the only time we act as a "couple" is if we're around the gang. What are we doing? What are we becoming?

Baby, what are we becoming?
It feels like we're just running
Rolling through the motions everyday
I could lean in to hold you, or act just like I don't even know you.

Everytime I hug herm, it doesn't even feel like it use to. She use to hug back and it would mean something, but now, it's like there's nothing there. No sparks, nothing. I try to hold her, but sometimes I just can't.

Seems like you could care less either way
What happened to the girl I use to know?
I just want us back the way we were before

I think we just put up with each other so we won't be alone. Sometimes I giver her the silent treatment, and she acts like she doesn't care. She use to have that glisten in her eyes when she would see me. When she use to kiss me or hug me, it meant something. She use to smile or laugh at my jokes, even if they were stupid. But now it all means nothing. I wish things would go back the way they were. When we loved each other.

Do I have your love? Am I still enough?
Tell me don't I, or baby do I, baby
Give you everything you ever wanted
Would you rather just turn away and leave me lonely?
Do I just need to give up, and get on with my life?
Baby do I?

Does she still love me as much as I love her? I want to ask her so bad if she still loves me.. but I guess I am just afraid, or I know that she doesn't love me back. I want to just give up, and move on.  But Do I?

Remember when we didn't have nothing
But a simple kind of loving
Baby those sure we're the days
There was a time when our love ran wild and free
Now I'm second guessing everything I see.

Back then our love was simple. We were 16 years old when we fell in love, and now 7 years later, it seems like it doesn't mean anything to her. Whatever happened to us? Looking back on those days, it sure does surprise me that was us. Cause now, our love isn't what it use to be.

Do I have your love? Am I still enough?
Tell me don't I, or baby do I, baby
Give you everything you ever wanted
Would you rather just turn away and leave me lonely?
Do I just need to give up, and get on with my life?
Baby do I?

Still give you what you need
Still take your breath away
Light up the spark way down deep,
Baby do I?

Do I bottle all of this up? Do I ask her if I still take her breathe away like I did years ago? Do I still light that spark way down deep? Do I just walk away? Do I?

Tell me baby do I get one more try?
Do I, Baby do I?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 661
Okay so this is a terrible one 😂 but bear with me, this is my first time doing one of the music story things. Sorry if it want good, but I will get better at it, I promise. Remember if you want a personal short story, then message me or comment  down below. Thank you for reading!
~ Becca❤🍁