Chapter 21

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 21

Ariel was furious. What was she going to do? She needed to let go of he frustration, and since she didn't have time to go for a run, she did the next best thing: she called Sebastian to yell at him.

- Seeeeb!

- Oh, hi Ace, nice to see your lungs are working well.

- ha ha. This is not a time for jokes, you have no idea the mess I'm in!

- What happened?

- What happened? I'll tell you what happened: I'm so far behind everyone else, there is no way I'm going to be able to catch up in time!

- OK, Ariel. First of all, don't scare me like that! I thought your life was in danger! Second of all. Breathe.

Breathe? Was he joking? Ariel growled instead.

- OK, scratch that. Just tell me your to do list.

- Listen to this. I have to turn in two paintings tomorrow! TWO! I have none prepared!

- Ariel you painted a ton of paintings in Paris. What kind of paintings are they asking for?

- A landscape, which OK, I can pick one from the ones from Paris. But the seconnd one has to show something out of the common or absurd. I hardly think that a painting of the Eiffel Tower would count!

- Mmmm. Remember during the Australian Open when I got so angry I turned into a wolf just watching a match? And then I fell asleep on the couch with a cushion still between my teeth?

Ariel laughed at the memory.

- Oh, yeah! That was priceless!

- Didn't you painted it?

- Oh! That's right! It's perfect!

- What else?

- I have to read a ton of stuff.

- Well, go to Patricia's and study with her.

- Mmm.

- What?

- How can you be so calm? I was freaking out here!

- I'm used to running against the clock. Just go, study and don't freak out.

- Fine.

- OK, then. Good luck Ace! Bye!

- Bye.

Ariel hung up feeling frustrated. She had meant to yell at him and instead he had helped her. She phone Patricia and asked her to study with her. Her friend was more than happy by the suggestion.

...

When she arrived at Patricia's she received a very warm hug.

- Oh Ariel! It's so good to see you! I can't believe this is the first time we meet after, well, you know. How are you? 

- Fine, except I have a ton of stuff I need to read. I can't believe you guys did so much in just one week!

- One the professor is totally insane. She's the one who gave us that stuff to read. Don't worry though, I've made some summaries that should help you.

- Patricia, you're the best!

Ariel stayed at her friend until 8pm. They then went for a run at the "golf club". Running as a wolf helped Ariel calm down a bit. However, as soon as she arrived home, she took her notes and read during the entire night.