Chapter 3

Author's Note: I've added a pic; it's Christian Meier who I have casted as Tom. Tell me what you think. 

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - chapter 3

Ariel woke up to the sounds of a fight just outside her room. Screams and loud sounds of fist fighting could be heard. She got out of her bed, put on a robe and opened her bedroom door just a little bit to see what was happening. Sure enough, two male werewolves were fighting and barely containing their wolves from coming out to the surface. 

-        What were you doing with MY sister, you idiot?!

A very tall and muscled man with brown hair asked, his eyes burning with fury. 

-        Well, what do you think?

The second man had black hair, blue eyes and tanned skin. He looked like a typical playboy. Even the bruise that was forming in his left eye seemed to make him look even sexier. 

Obviously the answer the blue-eyed guy gave wasn’t the best one because it only made the first one even more furious. 

-        Roberto, I don’t know why you are freaking out. We were just making out and she wanted it as much as I did. 

-        We all know you’re just going to break her heart Francisco! I won’t let you play with my sister’s emotions. 

-        Oh c’mon, chill! She hasn’t even met her mate yet! Let her live a little before she’s tied to the same guy for the rest of eternity. 

-        Well, isn’t that romantic. I’ll be sure to let your mate know that as soon as you meet her. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to know your opinion about mates. 

-        It’s not like my reputation isn’t a secret. Besides, what matters is what happens AFTER I find her, not before. 

-        Well, tell that to my sister! You know she has a crush on you and you’re just using her for some fun! What will happen once you meet your mate? You won’t even remember my sister anymore and she’ll be heartbroken. 

-        Until she meets her own mate… 

-        Yeah well, I don’t want my sister to suffer, even if it’s for one day. 

-        Fine, man! Let it go. I’ll talk to her and tell her we are not meant to be. Man, you’re really uptight, aren’t you?

After that Ariel shut her door and began her morning routine. Man, weren’t women here even allowed to date before they found their mate? And what’s with this guy being so overprotective of his sister? And why wouldn’t she be talking for herself? The feminist in her was really upset about that scene. She would never allow a guy, not her father, not her brother, to decide who she could or couldn’t date. No way.

Since her meeting with the Alpha was only for noon, she spent the time tidying things up and taking some clothes from her bag so she could live in the pack house comfortably. When noon approached, she was starving, so she made her way to the kitchen.

As soon as she entered, she saw Tom smiling at her. She said quick hellos to a couple of people in the kitchen preparing the food and went to sit next to Tom. 

-        Hi Tom! How are you today? 

-        I’m great. How about you? Are you feeling the jet lag? 

-        Just a bit, but I’m fine really. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Well, until the fight outside my room broke out. 

-        Oh, I’m sorry about that. Waking up to loud screams isn't ideal, huh? But you have to understand that Roberto is very protective about his sister. She won’t date anyone he doesn’t approve. 

-        And she lets him? 

-        Well, yeah… it’s how they were raised. No big deal. Besides, he won’t have a say about her mate when she meets him, so she doesn’t seem to mind too much. Since they lost their parents, Roberto has taken the father figure role and Rocío adores her brother to death, so she doesn’t like to upset him. 

-        I see… 

-        Uhm, well, let me introduce you to the two lovely ladies who are preparing lunch for us today. This is Maria and this is Ana. Maria is the main cook but Ana helps her out too and is in charge of buying everything we need.Two nice middle-aged ladies smiled and said hello to Ariel. They were short and with dark hair in a pony tail. They wore identical aprons as uniforms. 

-        Ladies, this is Ariel. She’ll be a member of the pack soon.

The moment he said "Ariel", the two ladies laughed out loud. Then, noticing the look in Ariel’s face, they stopped quickly and apologized. Tom was grinning, as if he knew something Ariel didn’t. 

-        Tom, why are you grinning like a mad man? 

-        Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just that your name is the same as the detergent we use here.

Ariel’s eyes opened wide. She was named as a detergent brand?! Oh great, she could already hear the mocking she would have to endure. 

-        C’mon Ace, it won’t be so bad. 

-        Ace? 

-        Uhmm, another detergent brand. I think it’ll be your nickname. Yup I liked it. 

-        Toooom! You’re so mean! 

-        Oh c’mon! It’s not so bad! Ace sounds cool. Besides you could always lie about the reason I gave you that nickname.

That was true, “Ace” didn’t seem like a bad nickname… unless you knew why she had it. 

-        So, when am I going to meet the Alpha? 

-        Right about now. Ariel, may I introduce you to Rafael. Rafael, this is the lovely Ariel. I already gave her a nickname. Ace. Cool, huh? 

-        Yes, Tom, cool. Well done. I forgot to put you in charge of getting her a nickname but I’m glad you did it anyway. 

Rafael was obviously being sarcastic but his smile gave him away. He was also having fun with the name of his newest pack member. 

-        It’s very nice to meet you Ariel. I hope you’re not mad about your nickname. People are always joking around here and you were bound to get a nickname soon enough anyway. 

-        Oh, I think it’ll be alright.

Ariel smiled while she looked at her new Alpha. He had dark hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. He wasn’t as gorgeous as Francisco, but he was still very attractive. His eyes made him look wise and serious, but his smile was soft and friendly. 

-        C’mon Ariel, let’s go to my office and we’ll talk for a while before lunch. There I’ll introduce to plenty of people.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Author's Note/ We'll meet a very important character in the next chapter. Can  you guess who? wink wink

By the way, Ariel is going to travel to a few countries, but I''m not going to be changing languages because that would be confusing. So just keep in mind that while in Peru, they are all speaking Spanish, unless I say otherwise, of course. Ariel speaks quite a few languages, I'll make that clearer next time.