Chapter 15

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to MarielaGmez because she voted and commented and has been just awesome. 

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 15

After Sebastian entered, carrying a laptop and closing the door behind him, Alpha Rafael took his seat at the head of the table.

- Now that everyone is here, let's start the meeting.

Everybody nodded, including Ariel, but she couldn't understand why Sebastian was there. She sat and waited for them to explain. Alpha Rafael started the meeting immediately.

 - Ariel, you might be wondering why you're here.

 - Yes Alpha.

 - Well, as you know we've been investigating these series of attacks since they began. However, we only made a significant breakthrough recently. When Sebastian went to Brazil, he met with several engineers and other scientists. He managed to get in touch with the right people and returned with both a valuable software and the knowledge required to use it to its full potential. He also got other types of information of course, but the software is why we are here.

Ariel was surprised by this. How smart was Sebastian really? She now knew why he went to Brazil, but why him? Such a young man was entrusted with such an important mission? She had to ask him more about himself later, all those questions inside her had to wait. The Alpha was still speaking.

- You see, since the beginning we suspected these attacks to be evidence of a veiled war instead of random attacks by rogues, as we were being lead to believe. With this software, we have actually seen just how cruel and ruthless our enemy is. I'm very sorry we couldn't realize all this before the latest attack. I'm very sorry one of your friends died. I truly am.

 Ariel nodded, her eyes expressing her sadness. 

 - Ace, what Sebastian is going to show you is quite crude. Be ready to see some images that are shocking.

 - OK...

Sebastian looked quickly at her before starting the presentation. The first slide just said "confidential". He left it there while he started explaining.

 - The software I acquired required data that was retrieved during some dangerous missions before we could use it. We were still in the middle of the last mission when the attack happened. That's why we couldn't prevent it.

 He lowered his eyes. He seemed to feel guilty for taking so long to get the information. After a moment, he continued, gaining a little more confidence with every word.

 - The software basically allows us to hack into our enemies digital files. We suspected our neighbors, the SunFighters were behind this veiled war, and now we are sure about it. However, we don't have definitive proof, not yet anyway. Nothing that would hold in front of the Council. Anyway, to us, what we found is enough to be convinced about who our enemy is, but it has to remain secret because, sadly, in these kinds of wars spies, traitors are not unheard of. That is why this information is confidential.

Ariel was surprised by that information, the SunFighters were their enemies and they had proof. Then she was filled with anger, she could feel her wolf inside being revolted and wanting blood. Their enemy's blood.

- But aren't we going to fight? Start a war? Get revenge?

Alpha Rafael had been expecting that question and he gave her the same answer he had given Tom before.

- They are too far ahead of us. If we start a war now, they'll make themselves look like the victims. Other packs might support them. Besides, we still don't know a lot of things. We wouldn't be able to win. Once you see the videos, you'll understand better what we'll dealing with.