Chapter 20

Author's Note. Oh, Paris! I had such a good time writing this chapter, I loved that city so much! Anyway, I hope you like it and  please vote and comment :) What do you expect to happen next?

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 20 

Sebastian arrived at 6pm. He looked happy and greeted Ariel with a smile. While he took a shower, Ariel applied some make-up and brushed her hair. 30min later, she knocked at his bedroom door.

- Hey Seb, are you ready for our first date?

- Of course, lead the way. By the way, Ariel, you look beautiful.

- Thank you. Oh, and I bought this cute little coat! I love it.

- Your credit card must be bleeding by now.

- Laugh all you want but I didn't have proper winter clothes in Lima, so yes, I had to do some shopping. You didn't expect me to wear Summer clothes in Paris in the middle of December, did you?

- I guess not. Still, I wouldn't have complained...

Ariel laughed and put on her new coat. It was black, simple but elegant. Perfect for the end of Autumn and start of Winter in Europe. She was also wearing tall black boots and the outfit looked nice without being too fancy for the occasion.

The streets where decorated with Christmas lights and to Ariel it all looked very charming specially walking to a date with her mate. It seemed magical and romantic, and she had to remind herself not to get lost completely in the fairy tale look of it all. It was only their first date and she wanted to take everything slow, she still wasn't sure about mating, her ideas on the subject hadn't completely changed. So she had to be cautious.

They walked only a few blocks until they found a nice little café that Ariel had seen earlier that day. It seemed cozy and she had liked it instantly. They both ordered some coffee. Ariel asked for a croissant while Seb picked a Croque-Monsieur.

- So, I told my boss you had come with me and she thought it was the most romantic thing ever.

- She? Your boss is a woman? You hadn't told me that.

- Aww are you jealous?

Ariel rolled her eyes. Unfortunately for her, she was indeed jealous. Her feminist side was revolted by the fact that she had just assumed Seb's boss would be a man, while her most insecure part just wanted to know if she was attractive.

Sebastian seemed to find her reaction very amusing because he just stared a her for a while before giving more information about his boss.

- She's a lovely fifty year old woman. She's happily married and has a son who is around my age. Anyway, I told her we could have lunch with her some day. You know, nothing precise, just to be polite. Of course, if you decide to start a cat fight out of jealousy, I won't mind.

He winked at her and she rolled her eyes, secretly relieved but not ready to admit it.

- Oh, please. As if!

- What? You're telling me you didn't want to punch Melissa when you saw us in Cuzco?

- That's completely different and I was NOT jealous.

Sebastian laughed but then got distracted when his sandwich arrived. Ariel ate her croissant slowly but she noticed Seb had been starving because his sandwich disappeared pretty quickly.