sixteen

NIALL'S POV

The house was dead when I walked in ready to pick Kaya up for our double date management had so kindly set up for us on a boat. I wasn't kidding when I said dead. All the lights had been switched off, no noise was heard - not even the girls, which was pretty surprising.

"Kaya!" I called out in hope to get a response, but nothing, I got nothing back.

I sighed running a hand through my styled hair - courtesy of Lou. I flicked the light switch on, light splashing the hallway immediately bringing alive the small passageway which was filled with items of clothing and pairs of shoes.

I took off my blazer and swung it on my right hand as I trudged the stairs just wanting to get this night over and done with already. I knew there was going to be a shit load of paps at the venue and that was the last thing I wanted, in fact I didn't want it all, but it had to be done, didn't it? I mean, this relationship had to be classed as real.

It was as if the more and more deeper we got into settling these relationships down, the more sick and tired I became of the drama caused. Usually, I had nothing to do with any of it, but just being in the midst of it all was enough to give me nausea. I just wanted to end it all already, but I didn't understand how I could do that if I couldn't even control my feelings and to top it off, those feelings were forbidden - they weren't allowed and I didn't seem to have a grip on anything anymore.

I heard the familiar voices from behind the bedroom door and for a moment I just stood there, resting my head against the back of the wall.

"We don't have long left, Kylie, we'll get through it and then you can go to New York okay?" Kaya spoke, almost as if she was consoling Kylie.

New York?

What did New York have to do with anything?

"Yeah and you too, I guess, but - never mind," Kylie replied sounding almost defeated. And I knew for sure that it wasn't like Kylie to feel defeated.

"Ky, we don't have to do this tonight, you know?" Kaya told her, but I knew she was only saying that. Heck, none of us had control of what we had to do and what we didn't.

"Who are you kidding, Kaya?" Kylie scoffed and then, I walked in mainly because I just wanted to get there and back already, but also because I didn't want that conversation to be prolonged.

KAYA'S POV

I tugged at the hem of my floral print, collared dress patiently waiting for Niall to come and get me. Knowing Harry would be late, Kylie had only just gone to shower now, her clothes laid out on bed. Our outfits were completely different, both of us wearing dresses being the only similarities.

I was clad in a floral, skater dress and tan brogues with minimal accessories and make-up. Kylie, however, picked a royal blue lace dress with a sleek leather-look, white, short blazer and white stilettoes. It was notable that she was ready for the paps to photograph her, but me? I wasn't as keen.

It wasn't that I hated it. I didn't. but I would much rather be at home watching a couple of movies and munching on popcorn, not on a date that I didn't even want to go to. I'd always hated the attention, I didn't like it; I'd just grown to get used to it, sadly.

Whilst waiting for Niall patiently, I opened the twitter app on my phone hoping to past time. But my interactions caught my eye.

I hadn't been on twitter, a lot or at all, since this whole fake relationship drama came up. So reading what everyone thought about me hit me - hard.

You're a whore - stay away from Niall.

Pathetic describes you. Niall deserves better.

What does Niall see in you, you aren't even pretty? How did you even become a model?