Chapter 7

Lexi's P.O.V

I woke up, next to Ray, feeling shaken up from last night, does Ray like Harry? Even if she does why won't she tell me, why does it feel like were drifting apart like all this that's happened is coming inbetween us, when she suddenly started screaming at me the fire in her eyes burned through me. I heard something move, I turned to see Ray had woken up, I laughed at myself she still looked awful from earlier this morning, she just looked at me and glared! What was her problem now I thought we sorted it?

'Morning.' I said still in attempt to lighten the mood.

'Yeah same.' She muttered, she was never like this, she's seriously getting pissy with me, well if she's not going to try then neither am I, sounds a little stubborn but I couldn't care less and that's me, there's no point me trying she can go sob to harry or whatever I'm independant I can survive on my own...cant I? I peeled off my pyjamas and went into the shower letting the stinging hot droplets scald down my back, after around half an hour I slowly turned off the tap, wrapping my fluffly towel around me. I walked into my bedroom and went to choose my clothes, I picked out a Cream Ralph Lauren polo and some faded skinnies to go with it. I was starving I'd dry my hair later, I hopped downstairs and popped a toast into the toaster. I saw Ray sit down opposite Harry from the corner of my eye and for the first time today I caught her eye, I hi-fived myself in my head out of glee, I could feel her eyes burning holes into my back for a while now everytime I turned around she looked away. As I turned to sit down on one of the chairs as far away as everyone as possible on the dining table Niall strolled in snatching a slice of toast out of my plate oh so casually.

"Oi you monkey, give that back NOW!" I said.

"Make me" he replied and the smirk was evident in his tone of voice. As he went to get milk out of the fridge I jumped on his back scaring the day lights out of him making the open carton of milk which he was holding fly onto Harrys perfect curls. I just stared for a moment before mine and Niall's laughter was ringing through the house while two stern faces glared at us. Me and Niall continued to laugh until we were rolling on the floor beside each other desperately trying to contain our laughter and honestly we hadn't a clue what was so funny before we knew it we were holding on to each other for support looking like crazy people.But then I caught a glimpse of the hurt still in Ray's eyes and...jelousy in Harry's? I looked at Niall to find we were still holding on to each other we slowly let go and we both realised that we 'werent suppose to get along.'

---

-Rayy's POV-

I glared at Lexi as she continued to fool around with Niall, she had this twinkle in her eye that I haven't seen since we left our parents. Harry mirrored my expression as they continued to giggle hysterically as if they had known each other all their lives and were the best of friends. I mean it’s not as if they had actually known each other for two weeks, forget a month. I felt a pang of jealousy, I know I should let her be happy. Sure, she was my best friend and I loved her and all that mushy stuff, but sometimes we had pointless arguments which turned into world war 3, Alexis was just too stubborn. Yeah, even though I had practically known her all my life and she was the only person I could truly trust, sometimes I just felt so apart from her. I mean we were physically close, but mentally so far away. I felt like she prioritised Niall already, I mean Niall is my 'boyfriend' and Harry's hers...

I felt a hard kick against my leg under the table. I turned to face Harry and he said, “You can stop glaring at them; they’ve stopped laughing now,”

“Whatever,” I said. I pushed my chair back and left the table. I had that knot in my throat.

I trudged my feet up the long staircase. Bloody hell man, why did there have to be so many stairs? I mentally cursed the interior designers of this house, I bet Alexis would like this, shes always liked the elegant look on a house with swirly staircases...urgh, 'stop thinking about her' and with that I continued to walk up the staircase. Eventually, the never ending staircase came to an end. I walked into my bedroom and headed straight for the shower. I hopped in and let the water run over me. I tilted my head back and ran my fingers through my hair. Thoughts over crowded my mind and the certain memory replayed back in my head. Tears strolled down my cheeks as I did my best to get rid of it. The horrible memory, which I wish I could forget, but never did. The day when everything changed. Since then, I had never been the same. I felt like she'd distanced herself from me. I allowed the water to wash away my tears as I got a grip with myself. What had happened did and I wasn’t going to be able to change that. Unwillingly, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around me, brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. I quickly slid on my undergarments and searched for an outfit to wear. I eventually settled on dark blue skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt, a cream jumper and a grey snood. I quickly wore them and slid on a bracelet onto my right wrist. I wore a pair of light brown Uggs to finish off my outfit. I dried my hair and put it up into a bun.  I grabbed a bag which matched my Uggs and put my phone, headphones, a pen (you never know who you might meet) and my purse. I checked myself back in the mirror and then left the room. I walked down the staircase, this time counting the steps as I walked down. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I had discovered there were actually 31 steps. Like what the hell, who actually has that many stairs on one staircase? I walked into the living room and saw Harry sat on the couch with Zayn and Riley. Niall and Alexis were deep in conversation..about what!? I felt that pang again, she still had that twinkle in her eye.

“Err…Harry?” I said timidly, breaking their conversation. He turned to face me and said, “Yeah?”

“I’m going out,” I told him, “be back later bye." I heard Alexis' large Louboutin heels clack behind me. "where ya going Chicka?" She exclaimed "I'm just nipping out, won't be long." And I plastered a fake smile, I just wondered if she would still be able to tell my fake and real smile like before.

I turned around and walked towards the front door, removing the thoughts as best as possible out of my head. I heard Harry shout ‘bye’ before I left the house, I heard a faint irish and Alexis' distinct voice also chorus 'byes'

I jumped into my car and drove to Starbucks. I parked up not far away from the shop and got out. I locked my car and suddenly, cameras were shoved in my face, the flashes blinding me. I attempted to get past them, but I knew they weren’t going anywhere until they got what they wanted. I stopped in my tracks and questions were fired at me.

“WHO ARE YOU DATING?”

“WHEN DO YOU START WORK?”

“HOW’S LIFE LIVING WITH HARRY AND NIALL?”

“IS NIALL A GOOD BOYFRIEND?”

“I don’t have anything scheduled for a couple of months so I’m free; living with Harry and Niall is great we get along really well. They’re really cool and fun boys’ to live with. And yes Niall is a great boyfriend, now if you don’t mind I’d like to go. One last thing please don’t hassle the boys’ or Alexis…it ain’t nice being bombarded with tons of cameras. Thanks,” I said replying to all of the questions.

I walked into Starbucks and ordered a coffee. With my order and after paying, I walked to a table cooped up in the corner. I sat myself down and unlocked my phone. I logged onto twitter and went through my mentions. Most of them were concerning Niall, but some were concerning me. I replied to a few.

Please don’t hurt Niall; he’s our world – behalf of all the Directioners.

@RachelOfficial:  Hello sweetie. I wouldn’t dream of hurting Niall don’t worry xx

Hello Rachel, we welcome you and @AlexisOfficial to the #1DFamily :)

@RachelOfficial: Awwwe thank you :) xx

Hello Rachel, would you please just confirm when you continue work again?

@RachelOfficial: Hello! Lexi and I have got a couple of months off so until then :) xx

 I couldn't help but feel like Niall and Alexis were doing alot better than me and Niall .

I checked my messages and saw one from my mum. My face lit up as I eagerly replied.

Hey honey! When were you planning on telling me about that Niall Horan? He’s a cutie ain’t he? Hope you’re okay, tell Lexi her mum says hello.

-Mum x

Hello Mum! Haha I’ve just been busy and it’s complicated ain’t it? And whatever you say :P Yeah I’m okay and will do :)

-Rayy

I walked with my coffee out of the shop and to the car. I walked into the car and drove to the oh so familiar building. I walked into the house and saw something I'd never thought I would see anytime soon...

-AUTHORS NOTE-

MASSIVE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL OMFG 1000 READS LIKE DAFUQ BRO? 

THANKS SO MUCH <3

WE LOVE YOU :)

-Hype over-

Heyyyaaa! Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed havent uploaded in a while 4 months to be precise xx

Vote and Comment you guys are seriously fab <3 

Much loveee <3 xox 

-Rayy And Lex :)