ch. 12

AN: If I don't say who's P.O.V it is, it's Vera's. I just wanted to clarify that. Thanks for reading. I know I don't have a lot of reads but I can't even believe that I have the reads that I do, so, I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate it :)

I'm going on a date.

I'm going on a date with Luke.

With Luke.

Luke.

I tug on the ends of my hair in frustration as I exit the tenth store that I've been in today. After telling Lil about my upcoming date with Luke, she dragged me to the mall despite me telling her that I had more than enough options of clothing home to wear.

Or so I thought.

Seeing all these outfits today in the mall has convinced me that I have no idea how the concept of a date works or what to wear to one. I feel like such a loser.

"Where is he taking you even?" Lil asked as he took a sip of her blueberry smoothie. I shrugged, propping my elbows up on the food court table and taking a spoonful of my frozen yogurt. It's a bit tangy, but that's what I get for choosing a new flavor. What? They were out of strawberry.

I push the large, paper cup away from me as I sigh in frustration. Maybe if I had an idea as to where Luke was taking me, I'd be able to better prepare for the date. I mentally curse him for wanting to keep it a big secret. I mean wasn't I the one who asked him? I surely feel like I should be the one planning this excursion and not him.

I rub my temples with my pointer finger furiously, trying to decide on what I should wear. I don't want to be too casual, but I don't want to be too fancy either? Shit. Why is this dating thing so difficult?

Lil took one last sip of her smoothie and chucked it into the trash can next to the table. She pushed her chair out and stood up, grabbing her bag before pushing the chair back in.

“C’mon,” she said, smirking, “I have one more place left that I want to check.”

I groaned and followed Lil as she headed toward the escalator. I hope Lil wasn't planning on dressing me like her, not that she doesn't dress nice, it’s just a little too preppy for me.

When we reached the bottom of the escalator, Lil grabbed my hand and dragged me along. We stopped in front one of the smaller clothing stores in the mall. The exterior was dark purple, black and silver and the clothing on the window mannequins was way too fancy looking.

“Windsor?” I asked, turning to Lil and raising an eyebrow.

She just nodded; a smile plastered onto her face, and pulled me through the giant glass doors and inside.

“Lil, this stuff looks way too fancy and I-”

“Vera, trust me, okay? You’re going out with the Luke Hemmings tonight. Do you know how many girls would die to be in your shoes?”

I shrugged, not knowing what else to do and continued following her. It was no surprise that Luke was the object of desire at school. He was tall, handsome, athletic and musically talented, which was no doubt a lethal combination. I’ve noticed the way that girls have stared at us while we’re out in public, or walking down the hallways at school. No matter how alike Luke and I seemed, no one would ever think that we looked good together.

Well, guess what? They can go fuck themselves.

I plopped myself on a red, leather couch near the dressing room as Lil frantically searched through some of the racks. She must’ve showed me a million shirts, but honestly, none of them caught my eyes. Just when I was about to tell her I wanted to leave, she stood in front of me with one more shirt.