Chapter 39

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL MY BELOVED PAKISTANI READERS ❤️ THIS IS THE SILVER JUBLEE OF OUR BELOVED PAKISTAN

PROUD TO BE PAKISTANI 🇵🇰

***********

Anissa began to shake in fear. Her heart was beating so fast that she was beginning to think she'll suffer from permanent tachycardia. But now wasn't the time for her to be concerned about herself. There were four lives on the line.

"No Shehry please," she begged.

"Dare to disobey me in this Anissa and trust me you won't like what will happen." He threatened and squeezed her hand very tightly, emphasising on his threat.

Anissa winced in pain but didn't give in. She knew he was serious but she wasn't about to give in to her fear. She tried to hold her wits together and threw the gun away. "I don't care. I'm not doing this!" She shrieked."You're crazy if you think I'll kill anyone. I will not do it and you can't make me!" She screamed. Her eyes fell on the men whose cries were muffled from the gags around their mouths. Their tear stained faces made Anissa's heart clench with pity. They were in such a bind yet they still struggled.

One look in their eyes and Anissa knew they were innocent.

"Look at the Shehryaar! They are innocent. They had no hand in my kidnapping." She claimed.

Shehryaar remained unfazed as he narrowed his eyes at her although on the inside he admired her: she was really smart to have figured that out. He knew that they were innocent. Only one of them was involved with Mustafa due to which they were easily able to penetrate through the heavy security and weren't informed in time via video footage.

But Shehryaar was a cruel man. He was deliberately doing this. He was going to kill the innocent just to teach Anissa a lesson.

"You will kill them Anissa. It's time you learned the importance of your worth. You are my Queen and I will not have you get attacks of conscience every time you are in a situation worst then yesterday's. You need to learn that there are people out there more dangerous then the ones you saw yesterday and they will not show you any mercy. You need to toughen up. You're a Mafia wife. You need to know your place." He tried to make her understand as best as he could.

Anissa clenched her teeth together to hold her tears. Her anger and frustration knew no bounds today. She wracked her brains for anything that she could use in order to save the men.

"You won't kill them Shehryaar. We are on neutral grounds." She stipulated, in hopes of having him see reason. She was grasping at straws now.

He chuckled bemusedly, impressed at her use of tactics. "Oh that only applies for other groups. It's only neutral grounds for the Mafia leaders of various organisation. The AML doesn't say anywhere that we cannot execute our own." He stated, killing all hope Anissa had of saving the men.

"Now do as I say. It's time you know your place as my wife." He smiled viciously.

"Then I don't want to. I don't want to be your wife anymore. Release me from this life. I don't want it!" She screamed.

And that was her undoing.

Shehryaar didn't waste a minute as his hand raised and slapped her sharply on the face. Anissa saw it coming and stood her ground. Shehryaar saw her strong stance and his anger skyrocketed as he fisted her hair and pulled so hard that Anissa's screams echoed off the walls.

The four men as well as Shehryaar's subordinates saw the whole scene in horror as Shehryaar placed the barrel of the gun on Anissa's temple.

"You will fucking do as I say!" He shouted at her face. "Or so help me God I will pull the fucking trigger." He claimed, pressing the cold metal barrel into her skin.