Chapter 10

"What?" he hissed through clenched teeth, under the impression that he misheard her.

She tried to hold in her sobs. "It's true and because of that incident, I suffer from severe
Post Traumatic stress disorder. I have severe sexual dysfunction and I would never be able to be a good wife to you." She stated.

Shehryaar stared at her as if she grew two heads but his whole demeanor was calm yet inside, he felt his anger rose up again. "That's why I'm most insistent that you stop this. Let me go. You don't deserve someone like me. I don't fit your expectations." She spoke bluntly. It hurt her ego to admit all of this but if this got her out of the deep mess that she was in then wounding her pride a little would be worth it and her inferiority complex was boosted up a bit but to her dismay. However from what she understood, this criminal exhibited psychopathic tendencies and thus he wouldn't understand from her point of view, rather, he would understand it if it benefitted him or not and knowing his preferences, she used them for her escape.

He clenched and unclenched his hand, Anissa noticed it. His jaw ticked and in a flash he was on his feet and rounded the table towards Anissa. He clenched the side arms of her chair and bent down until his face was leveled with hers. Her heart accelerated as she stared into those soulless grey depths.

"And what makes you think that I will believe you?" he inquired, his voice calm and hollow. She had to swallow the fear as she couldn't predict his moves. But she stood her ground nonetheless. "I don't have any proof but it's the truth. You must've seen the signs yourself haven't you? You yourself asked me why I carried that pistol and I answered for self defense. I didn't want to tell you then but I will now—I carry that pistol around me because of my paranoia stemming from my PTSD." She replied.

He stared deeply into her eyes, looking for any signs of fabrication but there were none. And his logic couldn't fight her wits; she was right. The pieces were falling into place. Now he understood the fear in her eyes that wasn't directed from him but from her underlying trauma. Now he understood why she reacted the way that she did.

Rage boiled in his veins as his hands gripped the side arms tightly.

She's been corrupted. Who the fuck had the audacity to touch what's mine?

Roughly, he caught her chin. Her eyes widened when she saw his grey orbs darken with rage. "Tell me who? Who fucking laid his hands on you?" he growled.

She didn't expect that reply. For all she knew, she expected disgust from him but she saw none instead she saw pure rage. "Who the fuck dared to touched what's mine? Tell me now!" he shouted, his deep voice loud. She shuddered from the intensity of his voice and stare.

Of course he didn't care what happened to her but what he didn't like the fact that someone touched her before him and for him; that was unacceptable. She was his woman, his property, his to do what he willed with. And no one had the right to take that from him. He felt his anger getting out of control and he slowly began to see red.

Anissa couldn't believe what she was witnessing. The sheer possessiveness and grandiose she detected in him disgusted her. So he doesn't care that I'm damaged and hurt but all he cares about is that someone took my purity away from me and all he cares about is that he didn't get to be that person?

How selfish is this man? She was utterly repulsed by him. Did he not care? Of course she expected disgust from him towards her and that would've been enough for him to let her go. That was the normal response but she wasn't getting any normal response. Instead she was witnessing pure selfishness. Wasn't he suppose to sympathize with her? His behavior was slowly confirming her thoughts and his lack of empathy was a gold standard in confirming her diagnosis.