Chapter 32

Breathing deeply, Anissa drifted to consciousness. Her eyes felt heavy and her head ached but she fought against it and rubbed her face to get rid of the drowsiness.

Yawning and stretching her limbs, she hissed and almost screamed when a sharp pain radiated from her arm upon stretching. She rubbed it and was surprised that her shoulder was bare. She looked down and saw that she was dressed in a satin silk white nightie that had exposed a lot of her cleavage and left her shoulders bare. And she felt even more enraged to find that she wasn't wearing any underwear.

What the hell! She mentally screamed.

And then she realised she was in unfamiliar surroundings.

Her hazel eyes roamed around. The ceiling for one was different: it caught her in a daze as her eyes scanned the Vatican painted designs and Michelangelo's replica painting of the Sistine chapel lavishing the ceiling.

Where am I? She thought in utter confusion as she eyes went to see dark grey coloured walls.

Her neck ached as she moved it to view more of the room. The room was set with mid century modern furniture, all made in dark wood and oak. The curtains were black in color and thus, she couldn't tell what time it was.

Slowly, she tried to get up as her body ached all over, probably from sleeping in the same position for too long.

Suddenly, her mind recalled the events that resulted before she fell unconscious.

That bastard! He drugged me! She thought furiously. But her eyes fell on the palms of her hands and her stomach turned as she remember what laid in her palms last.

Bile rose at the back of her throat as tears pricked her eyes.

That monster! How could he do that to me? Why the hell did he do this to me? And he broke his word. Now I know I can never trust a word he will ever say to me. She thought woefully as her eyes wandered, her mind finding the dark despondent colours depressing.

Her breathed hitched as her chest constricted.

I have to get out of here. I feel suffocated. She thought and as soon as her feet moved under the covers, she froze when she felt something cold grasp around her ankles and the jingling sounds of metal against metal.

"What?" She mumbled in shock as her eyes widened and immediately she removed the covers only to be frightened out to her wits when her eyes landed on the chains and restraints around her dainty delicate ankles. They were locked against the bed post.

She began to pant, unable to breath properly. Oh God. Please no. Her mind conjured up the most worse of possibilities.

Her thoughts and body froze when she heard the sound of a door opening.

Her heart accelerated as she saw the devil enter the room.

Shehryaar looked weary as he walked while running his hand through his hair and sighing in listlessness. His top collar buttons were open as well as all the buttons of his vest coat upon his white dress shirt. His black suit jacket hung over his shoulders in a wrinkled fashioned like he'd been sitting for hours.

But as soon as his grey eyes landed on the woman on the bed, his weariness was shoved away and replaced by stimulation and excitement. A mean smirk plastering on his handsome face, a beastly glint shining in his smokey eyes.

"I see you're awake. That's good." He said and approached the bed.

Anissa felt a pang of loathsome fear and disgust claw at her heart and turn her insides painfully as she saw the devil of a man approach her.