Chapter 37

My breathing is heavy.

I'm back in the dark again. Why am I in the dark again? I tried to run.

My legs were moving but I couldn't fight off the darkness. It was beginning to suck me in, making me suffocated.

I wanted to get out of here.

It was too scary and frightening.

'Abu?! Ammi?!' I screamed.

'Please save me. I don't want to be here!' I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I wanted my parents. I wanted their warm embrace.

'Please Ammi Abu! Please save me!' I cried and hugged myself. I wanted some signs of warmth that I craved. This darkness was pulling me in, making me lose my mind.

I ran again.

Then I heard a sound.

All of a sudden, my legs began to carry me towards a sound. I was relieved. Someone was here. Maybe they could help me out of this darkness.

It was faint but it got clearer when I got near it.

I stopped when I saw him. His strong built back was facing me.

His face was away.

I felt cold terror grip at my being when I saw this monster.

He wasn't human.

His right arm was flexed up as he held a gun in his hand and pointed it towards someone.

I turned my eyes towards the target and gasped when I saw him pull the trigger on the victims and kill them one by one.

I was frozen in shock.

The monster turned, his face, so beautiful yet so cold and lifeless. His grey eyes gleaming maliciously. His beautifully sculpted lips turned up in a cold merciless smile.

'Your turn,' he muttered pointed the gun in my direction and before I had time to react, he shot me.

I screamed.

Anissa woke up screaming, jolting up in a sitting position. Her heart was beating erratically. She was covered in cold sweat and her body shivered.

"Oh!" She cried and tried to control herself. The dream, more like a nightmare, it seemed to real, so vivid.

Oh my God! She began to sob. She couldn't believe what she had witnessed.

She looked at herself and found herself dressed in her black night gown. Her hair was open and damp.

Did he give me a bath while I was out? She thought. And then her sobs began again as she thought of the monster.

She brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs and began to rock back and forth. Although her head throbbed painfully, she tried to ignore it. Her fingers travelled to the back of her head. There was bruising and sweeping present behind her ears due to the concussion at the back of her head and it hurt her but not so much as her heart was hurting right now.

Her mind was completely boggled. She was shaken to her core. She had no idea what she should do.

He killed them! He killed them all in cold blood. And he killed without any regard, any conscience. His eyes were completely blank and she could've sworn she saw a ghost of a smile playing at his lips as he claimed their lives.