Chapter 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A week had past and it was finally time for Fred's drama performance. It was half past six and I was wearing a turqoise speghetti strapped dress. It used to be Mum's. I didn't really had a proper formal wear so Dad took some of Mum's old clothes and let me choose. I chose the turqoise one because it reminded me way too much of her. 

She always wore a turqoise clothing. It was her favourite colour. It was contradicting though, the way my favourite colour is pink and hers turqoise. But combine them, you'd get another beautiful colour. Imagine Mum and I... we'd be a great team...

I miss her so much. 

"Are you ready?" Fred said from outside my room because he was giving me a ride there. 

"Hold on!" I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my hair. My eye liner was un even and I was desperate to get it done until my door opened and Fred came walking in. He took my left arm and spin me around. Once I stopped, he rest his arms on my waist and stared at me. 

"I need to fix my eye liner," I said, trying to pull away. 

He was reluctant to let me go, "What are you doing?" he winked. 

"Trying to look good for your show, smart," I said, pulling out my tongue, still struggling to get out of his tight grip. 

"I won't let you go," and he placed his lips gently on mine. 

"I know you won't but we're not going anywhere if I don't get my eyes done," I spoke, trying to sound serious.

"You already look beautiful."

My cheeks burned and turned tomato red so I avoided meeting gazes with Fred. I rolled my eyes to cover my embarrassment up but it was no use. Fred giggled and rest his chin on my right shoulder while I was fixing my eyeliner and started kissing my neck. I started giggling and tried to get struggle out again. Just as his grip was loose, he started tickling me everywhere. 

"You're ticklish everywhere," he stated. 

I blushed, that was true. He continued and I laughed even more. 

"Oh look at the time," he said, playfully, "We're late!"

I rolled my eyes. I took another two minutes to fix my eyeliner and got down the staircase together. 

"You two look like you're off to prom," Dad teased. 

I saw Fred's cheeks turn red. His strong body relaxed and I could see him getting comfortable. My heart felt like to was beating faster by the second as his arm wrapped around mine. I wore the ring he gave me. I still couldn't forget what happened. I kissed Dad on the cheeks and he asked for a private moment. Fred gave me a reassuring smile that it wasn't anything bad and left Dad and I alone. He waited in the car. 

"You look beautiful, princess," he smiled. A really really sincere smile. A smile I longed for. A smile I was yearning for. A smile that could make your heart melt. A smile to make you smile back at them. My dad loves me and I sure as hell love him back. 

"Not as charming as you'll always be, dad. You'll always be her Prince Charming," the mentioning of my mother brought a sad smile to his expression. I immediately regretted it. 

"You look so much like her, you know?" and I saw a tear fall. 

I was trying my best not to cry since I had my make up on but I hugged him tight being as comforting as I am. 

"Oh darling what are you doing, you've got a show to catch on!" he tried to joke. 

I appreciate that my dad was trying his best.