Nicknames and Blushes

Chapter Thirteen 

Ethel thought that Zeus was taking his promise way too far when he talked to his parents and hers to arrange for him to live at her house until she can become fully mobile again.

“I’m not immobile!” She shouted to Zeus once he picked her up and carried her bridal style to her room after dinner. He said nothing until they go to her room.

“Yes, but it would have taken you forever to travel up those stairs.” He spoke.  

Ethel crossed her arms when Zeus put her down on the bed, and without knowing, pouted. “I’d rather have done that. I’m not a baby.”

Zeus laughed. “No one said that.”

“No one said you had to carry me up the stairs either.” She stated, a little of a blush tainting her cheeks.

Zeus couldn’t stop smiling. “Of course, my love, but it was voluntary.”

Ethel kind of shivered when he said those two words in between, and her cheeks heated a little more. “Why do you call me those names?”

Zeus stopped fluffing the pillows behind her temporarily. “What names?”

“Those … endearing names.” She said, hiding her face behind her hair.

Zeus looked up, a little surprised. “Oh.” He half-laughed. “I hardly knew I was doing that. I guess it’s become habit.” He smiled widely and resumed fluffing her pillows. He stood back after he was done, stepping back and resting his hands on his hips. “Why? Does it bother you?”

Ethel hid her face even more behind the curtain created by her hair. “Of course it does. We’re not even going out.”

Zeus couldn’t stop himself from laughing again. It was like being beside her made him all smiles. “Well maybe we should start going out then, because I’m already addicted to calling you beautiful, my love, dear, honey-”

“Okay!” Ethel yelled. Zeus was pretty sure that behind her hair, she was completely red.

“Okay? Okay what? Let’s go out? Wow, I didn’t know it was going to be that-”

“No.” Ethel said. “I didn’t mean that.”

“Then what is it, babe?” He stepped closer to her, hooking a finger around her long hair, and moving it out the way.

Ethel’s slate eyes grew wide, and like every other time, blushed, her cheeks redder than a tomato. “Stop calling me those names!” She yelled suddenly, if not awkwardly.

Zeus couldn’t help it. He leaned in slightly and pecked her on the lips before escaping to the door.

Ethel yelled after him. “And stay away!”

How could he kiss her again? What was it, just a daily routine to kiss for him? She thought.

His head peeked in suddenly. “Goodnight, honey.” He teased with a wide smile. He escaped right before the pillow hit the door. “It took me forever to fluff that!” He called out through the closed door.

“Gaaa!!!” She screamed.

“Love you too baby cakes!”  He chuckled deeply and walked towards the guest room, knowing he was going to check on her every hour.

<><><><><><><><> 

(Special thanks to Kyeire for writing like half of this, if not more!!! You are too awesome!)

Kyeire: Ha-ha. And in return, I get to harass you. XD

TheRiverRunsDeep: Of course that is why you are here. Why else would you be here? Loo!