Prissy Is Always Right

Chapter Nine

Several hours later, they finished cleaning the stalls and they were done with grooming all the horses, but one. Ethel and Zeus walked over to the last horse. It was a male, and the name on the stall said that this male horse was: Jack.

“Oh, good luck grooming him.” A new voice said from the entrance of the barn. Zeus and Ethel whipped their heads around to face a tall, tan, blonde-haired girl. Ethel knew exactly who this person was. Prissy, her first cousin. Ethel couldn’t really say what kind of character Prissy was, because she never really talked or socialized with her … but who does Ethel ever really socialize with?

“Why do you say that?” Zeus asked Prissy with curiosity. Prissy smirked and walked over to them.

“He’s a wild one. Only few, like me can handle him.” Prissy said, but Zeus knew that this girl was hinting something more when she said ‘he is a wild one … I can handle him’ and when Prissy winked at Zeus he knew for sure she was out to get him. In a very uncomfortable situation, Zeus moved closer to Ethel, hoping she would talk to this woman. Prissy saw Zeus move next to Ethel, and with a fake smile she turned to Ethel. “Well, well, look what we have here, Ethanol.” Prissy said.

“I-I-Its Ethel.” Mumbled Ethel. Prissy chuckled.

“Same thing. Anywhoo, how about you groom Jack, Ethanol? I bet he will just love you, because he likes women more anyways. This young fine man here will probably scare him half to death if he tries grooming him.” Prissy suggested to Ethel. Something told Ethel not to listen to her cousin and say that she can’t groom Jack. After all Ethel didn’t groom a single one of the horses in the barn. She just sat on a wooden bench and ate an apple as Zeus did the grooming. Zeus learned how to groom by finding a poster on one of the stalls that gave instructions on how to groom, but Ethel never read them. She just watched.

“O-o-okay.” Ethel said and then grabbed the brush from Zeus hand. He looked at her warily knowing she knew nothing about grooming a horse. Yet, now she was slowly walking over to the horses and brushing them.

It didn’t take Prissy long to take the spot where Ethel once was beside Zeus.

“So, where you from?” She asked as she batted her eyelashes at Zeus.

“Somewhere up north.” He muttered as his eyes were transfixed on Ethel, making sure she was doing everything right. Zeus could tell she was not at all comfortable with doing this, every once in a while, Jack would move and she was leap backwards in fear. It got to a point where she was jumping up every three seconds by the sounds Jack made. Zeus was about to walk over to her and take over, but Prissy stopped.

“Do you lift weights?” She asked.

“Ummm, yeah.” He told her, with his eyes still glued on Ethel.

“That’s hot. Maybe you can lift me sometime.” She stated.

“I think you might be too heavy.” Zeus lied. He was just telling her that to get the banshee (Prissy) off his back. Prissy gasped in horror at his words.

“You’re a fucking jerk!” Prissy shouted very loudly at him. Her raised voice frightened Jack, and he began to lash out. Zeus went wide eyed when he saw Jack buck up and then was about to kick out his long hind legs … straight at Ethel.

(Special thanks to Kyeire for helping me with this chapter!!!)

45 votes until I update!