To Many Feelings

Chapter Four

Once Ethel got home with Rachel, she stormed to her room.

“Ethel! Come back, I’m sorry!” Rachel called out at her sister. But Ethel didn’t bother turning around to talk to her sister. She was mad at her.

Ethel hated the memory of Rachel admitting that the boy that randomly kissed her in the designer store was actually Frank’s son. And Frank washer dad’s college buddy that was moving into town and coming over for dinner tonight. This meant that when Frank came with his family tonight … That damn boy would be with them.

When Ethel reached her room she slammed the door and locked it. With venomous eyes she glanced over the room, trying to find something to do to get rid over her anger. Her eyes fluttered to her laptop, but with a sigh, she thought against it. Ethel was afraid that if she got on the laptop she would rant on and on about how mad she was to her 100 friends on Facebook that probably never even care to look at her post.

A half-read book on her nightstand caught her eye, but it was a romance book. And just thirty minutes ago, having her first kiss stolen made her want to avoid opening a romance book.  

Soon, Ethel fell on the bed and she closed her eyes. Today was tiring, so exhausting that she hadn’t noticed how tired she was. Minutes later you could hear light snores that escaped her lips.

<><><><><>

Ethel’s eyes bore a hole into the grass that was beneath her feet. She hated the fact that right now she was in a dress that showed off the scars permanently marked on her body. Even more so she didn’t like that at any moment, the guy who kissed her at the store would be walking into their backyard.

Sure enough when she thought this, a bell sound echoed through the house and outside. Ethel sat up straight in the lawn chair, pressing her exposed back to the white, cold backing of the chair. Not wanting anymore of her skin to be visible. Ethel caught herself combing her fingers through her thick, frizzy hair.

What am I doing? She asked herself before relaxing her hands in her lap.

Ethel was waiting to hear and see her dad and his friend’s family make their way into the candle lit backyard. But all Ethel could hear right now was crickets in the back yard’s bushes that lined the back fence. She thought they would never come out here, until she heard laughter and her dad’s loud voice talking about all her siblings.

“Yes, I have two girls and three boys. My sons are Spencer, Ace and Eddy. Then there is,” Ethel saw them entering the backyard. Her eyes glanced over the new sets of faces.

One guy looked around her dad’s age with a tall figure and salt and pepper hair. In the twilight time of day she couldn’t see what color his eyes were, but she knew they were dark, probably brown. She knew he must be Frank.

Ethel looked next to the Frank, and saw a shorter person, a woman. The woman had long blonde hair that cascaded down her backside. The way the woman’s arm was looped in with Frank’s, Ethel could only assume that she was his wife.

It didn’t take long for Ethel to catch the eye of the boy that was staring at her. She bit her bottom lip, trying not to remember what it felt like with his lips on hers. The way he stared at her, like she was a piece of meat was too much for Ethel. She looked away.  

“Ethel, why don’t you come here and meet my best friend.” David egged his daughter. He watched his daughter Ethel shook her head without even looking at him. His heart broke into two, knowing that she was highly uncomfortable around these strangers. He turned and smiled widely at the guest. “Let’s go in the kitchen. I bet Mary would love to see you again, Amber.” David said to his friend’s wife. They nodded and all followed him into the kitchen … well all but one.

<><><><>

Thank you Kyeire for you help on this chapter! 

Please Vote and Comment!!

Hope you like it!!