Chapter 15: The White Tomb

All lessons were suspended and all examinations were postponed. Some students got pulled out of Hogwarts because they knew how dangerous it was becoming. Bill had become hospitalized due to his injuries of Fenrir Greyback.

Blaise and I were talking about it in the common room as we were playing a card game. We didn't know what to make of the situation. Draco was one of Blaise's best friends. They knew practically everything about each other. So of course Blaise was going to be upset about what happened.

He wasn't the only one upset about Draco being gone. Crabbe and Goyle were upset too, and Pansy was more gloomy than ever.

I hoped that Draco was safe and that he was going to be alright. I worried for him greatly. My best friend was gone from my life. Not literally, I know, but it left me hurt.

We were getting ready for the funeral today. The train was leaving just an hour afterwards so we had to pack our things. I couldn't wait to see my brother again as I had deeply missed him. I got dressed in my casual robes before making my way to the Great Hall by myself. Blaise caught up with me as we sat down together waiting to head to the funeral for Professor Dumbledore.

"The weather is nice for mourning over death," said Blaise slyly. "Ironic isn't it? It's like the world is mocking us." I nodded my head agreeing.

"It's nearly time," said professor McGonagall. "Please follow your Heads of Houses out into the grounds. Gryffindors, after me."

We filed out behind Professor Slughorn in silence towards the Entrance Hall. We made our way towards the lake where Dumbledore was soon to be buried. The Order of Phoenix members were already there seated among the hundreds of chairs that faced the white marble table. I found the Weasley's and found Fred and George which made me much happier seeing Fred.

There were others that I didn't as well. In the crowd, I found my brother Canaan sitting on the other side of Lupin, with Tonks, her hair bright pink on the other side as they held hands.

I took a seat in the back row near the lake beside my friends, sitting beside Hermione as Blaise sat on the other side of me.

Merpeople began to sing a song that expressed loss and despair. It was pleasant even if I couldn't understand the language. It was nice to know that they grieved too over the passing of the Headmaster.

Blaise nudged me and pointed at Hagrid who was walking slowly up the aisle between the chairs. He was crying silently, his face gleaming with tears, and in his arms, wrapped in purple velvet spangled with golden stars. I knew it was Dumbledore's body.

Tears were falling thick and fast into both Ginny and Hermione's lap. We could not see what was happening at the front. Hagrid seemed to have placed the body carefully upon the table. Now he retreated down the aisle, blowing his nose loudly. He went to take a seat next to his brother Grawp. The music stopped and everyone was silent.

A little tufty haired man in plain black robes had got to his feet and stood now in front of Dumbledore's body. I couldn't understand a word that he was saying. There was a soft splashing noise of merpeople listening to the speech.

The little man in black stopped speaking and finally sat back down. I had thought somebody else was going to get up and say a speech, but nobody moved.

Then several people screamed. Bright, white flames erupted Dumbledore's body and the table which upon he lay. The flames rose higher as it obscured the body. White smoke spiraled in the air and made strange shapes. A second later the fire had vanished. In its place was a white marble tomb, encasing Dumbledore's body and the table which he had rested on.